Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Only ambulatory use of set tonight:

6 Likes

I like the lighting on the panels at the very left (of the bottom picture); something which I don’t think the other states have because of the video wall.

2 Likes

I am willing to bet that they use Studio 23 for Local Afternoon News because all of the staff are already there from 9NewsNow and the studio is already set up. Why bother shifting everything to the evening set when they can just keep going in Studio 23. Would likely not only be easier logistically, but cheaper too.

Do Andrew and Melissa usually present Sunday nights?

1 Like

No

Video of some of tonight’s highlights

1 Like

I would say yes, you are. That’s just the way LED walls are. The dot pitch that Nine are using is actually pretty small for LED walls. I can’t remember what it is off the top of my head though. Where I work we have an 8m by 3m LED wall with a dot pitch of 2.84 mm. We only have 3 million pixels. Nine’s LED walls are maybe 12m by 1.8m, but with 13 million pixels. Much more dense than ours (and thus have a smaller dot pitch).

2 Likes

That grid effect that appears on the backdrop is rather distracting. My initial thoughts were that the joins of the individual screens were being highlighted, but not sure.

1 Like

Looking at that Adelaide backdrop I think there might be some unwanted light hitting the screen, which is brightening it up a bit more and showing up the joins in the individual panels.

The Brisbane set looks good and I like that they’re using lots of graphics behind the newsreaders, we don’t see that many in Perth. The one thing I find weird though is that their newsreaders don’t get any voiceover introduction at the start? And there’s no introduction of the sports presenter either so how are we supposed to know who she is?

8 Likes

They used to put Supers for Sport & Weather. But last night I didn’t see one for sport only weather.

I think the Adelaide set picks up some extra light from the street lights through the window with it being so close to the actual set. They could close the curtains and see what affect that has on the lighting on the screen.

1 Like

The individual panels are 400mm by 300mm. I think you’re seeing more than just those joins. There’s a black mesh that goes around each pixel. The mesh itself is about 50mm square, and if it isn’t stuck on perfectly, you may be able to see that. But I suspect it’s more that the cameras are too close to the LED wall in Adelaide and Brisbane compared to the other studios.

Brisbane still getting national morning news - apparently there was fire in Sydney and new security at Sydney airport :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Ikr. Quite annoyed about that. It’s already bad enough that Clown Mark Burrows is presenting.

Brisbane promo

GC promo

3 Likes

Is it an Investigation into where to find the cheapest Aldi prices from where you live? :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Clown? How so? He is one of Nine’s most experienced and professional reporters!

5 Likes

I wonder if the Queensland edition of the Morning News didn’t air today because of technical difficulties? Or maybe they’re waiting until the other states get local editions of the Morning News before “relaunching” the Queensland edition?

It’s good to see a Gold Coast-specific version of the promo made. Viewers there should be given the opportunity to get the cheapest deals at their local Gold Coast Aldi stores! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t think anyone’s disputing the fact that Mark Burrows is one of Nine’s most experienced and professional reporters .

But as a newsreader, he’s basically the Nine News equivalent of Chris Reason!

5 Likes

Rest of promo

3 Likes

I like his reporting but his presenting is terrible.

3 Likes

I personally thought that Chris Reason is a great reporter myself. Although unfortunately both Burrows and Reason struggle in the studio. Maybe that’s why they’re only fill-ins.

3 Likes