Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Surprised it wasn’t an alert for the massive savings you can get at Aldi

9 Likes

Are they? How do you know? As far as I can see ratings for the 5.30 slot for “Brisbane” are close most days with regular wins both ways.
Where else are the GC ratings posted?

Yep, the official QLD Police “Amber Alert” tone and the tone used in that Nine News Queensland “Special Report” sound pretty similar to my ears.

I’m not too sure what the broadcasting rules are in relation to emergency tones though!

3 Likes

I heard the standard emergency warning signal being played on some Nova 96.9 promo a few years back.

1 Like

Did anyone notice a new look for Nine News website? It now includes a geographical location feature, which will tailor the news based on the city or state of the consumer.

5 Likes

Both sound the same to me so I’d be making a complain to QTQ and ACMA.

1 Like

Queensland is getting the national Morning News from Sydney instead of its own edition today.

2 Likes

Hmmm…the effect of QTQ’s major upgrades and impending relaunch of the set.

1 Like

Are you referring to this menu on the website? It’s been there ever since Nine’s online portal was known as Ninemsn with options for each state plus the Gold Coast. The four regional NSW options appeared when the bulletins were launched in February.

Interesting to see that options for the four regional VIC bulletins are still missing…

2 Likes

New look for the website is definitely an improvement.

10 Likes

100% better than the Yahoo7 news website.

3 Likes

i do not get the new look

The new look 9News.com.au is probably still yet to be fully launched.

When it is, I would probably expect Nine to promote it’s new look website on air like they did with the last two major website updates in 2012 and 2014.

Nor do I. I get @Nick’s version when I visit it.

I got the new look today, now it’s the old one?

I’m the same, I got the new look earlier when I took that screenshot but now it’s back to the old one for me. But there’s an article explaining the new look that still works:

3 Likes

On-Air Promo (a localised version for Sydney…I think) for the new look 9News.com.au:
https://youtu.be/9Vf19SRPIwk

8 Likes

Not a bad promo. Of course would have (in my opinion) been better off voice overed by Matthew O’Sullivan :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Couldn’t agree less, terrible promo.

Well I quite like it because I think it really fits the brand (the tagline of course could have been a bit better), but it’s demonstrating that the brand you trust on TV is also online and you don’t have to subscribe to it in order to see their content or view their stories. Whereas for some newspaper sites, you have to subscribe in order to see their content.

3 Likes