Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

9 LIVE Perth

8 Likes
7 Likes

The background looks better on here than it does on the tv. They should just use the live shot it suits the set better.

LIVE interview

Still not sold on the backdrop. Just looks like something WIN or Seven Perth would do! I think some animations on it will make it better.

6 Likes

I think the idea is to make the bulletin different to the 6pm bulletin. I wish I could say the same for the local 4pm News here in Queensland and at 6.

1 Like

Promo ender

4 Likes

That opener is terrible.

4 Likes

So… is this commencing next week?

Sorry I missed the opener in the Adelaide one and was only taking screenshots.

Perth newsroom:

3 Likes

As minor as this is (and yes, I know it’s probably a traditional part of GTV’s news presentation), I really dislike the use of OTS/screen graphics with the chunky fonts on Nine News Melbourne. Maybe that sort of thing worked well for news graphics back in 1987 or 1997, but it definitely doesn’t look great in 2017 IMO.

The new Melbourne set looks pretty much as I expected (MCG background for Sport, etc.), but the lack of a videowall for the background behind the weather plasma is a little disappointing.

I wonder if these going to be separate local bulletins or just the current semi-national edition of Nine’s Afternoon News rebranded?

2 Likes

It does seem they have tried to limit the changes with the new set, using the same screen graphics they used on the old set. Also many of the camera angles used were all almost the same as used with the old set.

Anyway, a few caps of the final cross to weather and closer:

11 Likes

Funny seeing people say that syd and melb are almost identical to perth. Brah I think thats the point.

2 Likes

Was interesting that the stand-up presenting area wasn’t used.

1 Like

No liveshot in Perth anymore.

1 Like

no no Perth why you doing this… it looks crap. It’s still daylight why are they using that horrible backdrop. I don’t like it.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Notice that tiny 9News logo on the bottom of the screen is scrolling from left to right while Seven News is from right to left.

8 Likes

I’m sure the live shot will be back. They wouldn’t ditch it. Maybe they just changing the template on the main screen and using that image. Also on the news update, the live shot had water droplets on the lens (it just looked like giant blobs) so they might’ve just taken it off just for tonight.

It’s also way too plain. The sports backdrop is just one building :confused:

3 Likes

It looks quite good on screen. I was thinking the dark rainy city looks amazing until i realised it wasnt moving. Hope the live shot comes back.

1 Like