Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

This is getting beyond ridiculous. This would be like if Nine went to use their iconic Still the One slogan, and had to append “in the 35s to 49s age group” to the end of it. The networks should get over trying to sue one another just because someone is claiming something.

7 Likes

Wasn’t able to get anything better than a quick photo of my TV, but this just popped up over the top of the Today feed across QLD about a thunderstorm near Brisbane.

6 Likes

All I gotta say is…

WTF

7 Likes

Found this- Adelaide’s updated OTS:

3 Likes

Another blooper for Nine News Melbourne tonight. There was no music from the time Alicia said good night to the end, and a black weather screen awaits the audience.

11 Likes

Agree. I think that would be a wise decision.

[quote=“Nicholas, post:133, topic:670, full:true”]
Do you think Nine would opt in for hosting national bulletins from this new set as well?
[/quote] TBH, I don’t think the national bulletins will leave the newsroom set (a set I personally really like).

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. National bulletins will probably have the news exchange backdrop (with maybe minor tweaks to match the newer graphics, but that’s about it really) until Nine Sydney leaves Willoughby in a few years time.

3 Likes

I agree too. It keeps to main set free for local operations, as well as helping viewers easily identify if a bulletin is local or national.

3 Likes

Nine’s Morning News was presented from Studio 24 this morning.

3 Likes

Relaunch?

2 Likes

The reason it was presented from Studio 24 was because Today Extra was using Studio 23. I guess this will be an everyday occurrence for the morning news form now on. Really cheap.

5 Likes

Please tell me Nine have updated the video loop of the Sydney news exchange backdrop they use whenever presenting bulletins from Studio 24 or another alternative studio is required. Last I checked, the loop used is still a recording made before the panels were updated at the start of this year! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Yes:
https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/803041822150770688

2 Likes

From last night’s Nine News Sydney, possible conspiracy theory/speculation material! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Is that black and red thing (to the top left of the cap, otherwise not seen on screen) a usual feature of the set? Because I don’t think I’ve seen it before…

6 Likes

According to your own cap from October, no.

Source

1 Like

First on Media Spy! Well spotted - clearly the new Nine News Sydney set will have black squareish things with pieces of red tape stuck to the bottom. :smile:

PS - I’ve said it before - clean the floor!

4 Likes

It’s a very strange shot. The black/red thing isn’t visible in the (again, unusually wide) closing shot so it’s probably totally unrelated to the news set.

3 Likes

Don’t know what you call them but look’s like one of the flaps on a light to direct where they are pointing. Has some tape on it.

4 Likes

Barn doors (at least in the studio I use)

1 Like

Something is differently going on. The camera angles are strange.

P.S. Ken looks like he can’t wait to retire in that cap.