Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

New version of this

4 Likes

4 Likes

Promo just aired promoting Nine News Queensland being the number 1 news hour.

Not even the right logo (which has been in use for like 4 years) smh.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth here is Eva Milic presenting tonights bulletin since late 2014. IMO i hope they bring Eva back to weekend bulletins (solo) and put Alison on local daytime bulletins… and Darren can go back to reporting.

6 Likes

Nine News is not the number one news across Queensland.

I have already posted the information in the Seven v Nine News ratings comparison topic that Nine News has won the SEQ market by 21 weeks and the average audience difference was just a few thousand.

These are the exact numbers stated in the release.

Nine are calling their 6pm bulletin “Nine News Queensland” and saying it is broadcast to just “Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich, Logan Caboolture and Sunshine Coast”.

So their claim seems to be that a program called “Nine News Queensland” is number one. Seems to be very misleading to me.

4 Likes

Forgot that Seven wins in regional Queensland. In this case, Nine should call themselves ‘SEQ’s No.1’

And then have that promo air in NQ on SCA9

Seems that in Nine’s on-air promos they are not claiming to be Queensland’s number one.

6 Likes

Would you happen to have the video that promotes Today, Nine News and ACA in the one promo that has been airing in QLD. IIRC, it aired straight after the First at Five News yesterday.

Sorry - haven’t seen it.

1 Like

More automation issues here in Melbourne. Autocue died with Pete reading from notes and then was cut off mid sentence by the story he was introducing.

Using the word ‘winning’ is just so wrong in my view. It shouldn’t be about ‘winning’. Well at least not portraying it that way.

I’d object more to the use of ‘ratings’ on a public advertisement for viewers. Makes the focus of the team look so trivial. The public image always must be to deliver quality and therefore maximise viewers. I don’t care who you are, you are always welcome.

Anyone who claims ‘ratings’ or worse if they were to dare mention their only interest is on key demos to the general public must be shot by firing squad (Ten excluded because it makes sense as the little brother of the three).

1 Like

Interest Rate update:

3 Likes

Much improved ‘Breaking News’ titlecard. Much more emphasis on it.

1 Like

Still surprised they haven’t updated the plasma graphic, its still the one used back in 2011 or something

11 Likes

I was about to say!

Another graphics update, yet Nine are still stuck in the 2009-12 era for their “Interest Rates Decision” plasma graphics. I know that they’re only used once a month, but some consistency would be nice!

2 Likes

Hilarious outtake from 9News at the races today…

Don’t seem to be able to embed the video but head to the 9 News Brisbane Facebook page.

1 Like
4 Likes