Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

ANZAC Day?

1 Like

Hmm good point, maybe the following Wednesday 2nd May.

The final Mad As Hell is airing Wednesday 25th April, so I’d suggest Wednesday 2nd May is a solid bet.

2 Likes

Coming soon, The World’s Wildest Weather a six part series from the Weather Channel.

According to a pop-up promo during tonight’s episode of the following show, Young Sheldon will return on Wednesday 2nd May, presumably at 7:30pm. New TBBT would resume on the same date at 8pm.

Your Gen back on Tuesday’s at 7.30 where it originally aired on Ten?

It is possible, as the number of episodes of The Voice is reduced gradually from 3 per week to 2 per week and eventually one (live show on Sundays), meaning the 7.30pm Monday and Tuesday timeslots will be open again.

ELTON JOHN: I’M STILL STANDING

A GRAMMY SALUTE

Wednesday 18 April at 7.30pm

The highly anticipated concert special, Elton John: I’m Still Standing – A Grammy Salute, goes to air on Wednesday, April 18, at 7.30pm on Nine and 9Now.

With the legendary Elton John preparing to embark upon an international farewell tour, this amazing two-hour Grammy Salute filmed at Madison Square Garden pays tribute to the Rocket Man’s incredible impact on the music industry.

As well as Elton John himself, performing a melody of his timeless hits such as Bennie And The Jets and I’m Still Standing, expect to see Miley Cyrus, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Lady Gaga, Chris Martin, John Legend and Kesha, among others, covering some of Elton’s biggest hits, including Candle in the Wind, Daniel, Your Song, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me.

Week commencing 22 April 2018

Sunday 22 April
07:00 pm The Voice Blind Audition 4
08:30 pm 60 Minutes
09:30 pm Born to Kill? Class of Evil Joanne Dennehy
10:30 pm Killer on the Line Rpt
11:30 pm Major Crimes Rpt

Monday 23 April
07:30 pm The Voice Blind Audition 5
09:00 pm Lip Sync Battle Charli XCX vs Rita Ora/Christina Aguilera Tribute
10:00 pm 100% Footy (NRL) / Footy Classified (AFL)
11:30 pm Two And A Half Men x 2 Rpt

Tuesday 24 April
07:30 pm The Voice Blind Audition 6
09:00 pm Date Night
10:00 pm Magic Mike (2012)

Wednesday 25 April
07:30 pm The Voice Blind Audition 7
09:00 pm The Queen’s Birthday Party
11:00 pm Embarrassing Bodies Down Under Rpt

Thursday 26 April
Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 pm NRL Thursday Night Football
09:45 pm The Footy Show NRL
11:00 pm The Footy Show AFL

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
07:30 pm RBT
08:30 pm The Footy Show AFL
10:00 pm World’s Funniest Videos Top 10 Countdown x 2
11:00 pm The Footy Show NRL

Friday 27 April
Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 pm NRL Friday Night Football
10:45 pm Brick Mansions (2014)

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
07:30 pm Vet On The Hill
08:30 pm Rumour Has It (2005)
10:30 pm The Closer
11:40 pm Public Morals

Saturday 28 April
07:00 pm The Voice x 3 Rpt
11:30 pm Parenthood (1989)

Market variations to follow.

1 Like

Oh, not this again? Didn’t the triple REPEATED episodes fail on Saturdays last year? So why are Nine being lazy again by doing the same again this year?

2 Likes

It must be said Nine will also replay the previous night’s episode of The Voice at around 1.30pm weekdays. The Saturday encores are also useful for people who are watching MKR and/or Bachelor in Paradise during the week but are not able to record The Voice to watch later.
Also, with the new season of Suncorp Super Netball starting next weekend, hasn’t Nine promised to show a match live on the main channel? So has it chosen to air it on Saturday afternoon instead of Saturday night?

They’ve moved away from prime time matches - Nine’s games will be 3pm eastern Saturday and 1pm eastern Sunday (both on the main channel)

2 Likes

Probably to get their local content share up.

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but Nine putting NRL on main channel again in Melbourne. Only this time it will be up against live AFL.

I think the decision is based on Melbourne Storm playing and also no Melbourne AFL team playing. Still rather odd, why Nine’s sudden change in strategy? Have NRL been asking Nine to do tha or maybe Nine are not happy with NRL on 9Gem?

It should be noted I don’t think Seven have aired AFL on main channel in Sydney or Brisbane once this year (yet), despite doing so a few times last year.

Interesting.

I actually posted about NRL game between Brisbane and Melbourne on NRL on Nine thread last week. It is the second of eight Storm matches Nine promised to show live on the main channel in Victoria this year.

1 Like

Can you please link to where that statement was made by Nine?

And I take it you mean main channel, as they’d otherwise be shown live on 9Gem anyway.

Interesting move indeed. Like a blast from the past with what Ten did for AFL in Sydney and Brisbane, all local teams were on main channel, usually live.

It was mentioned in Nine’s press release on World Club Challenge earlier this year.

Nine’s Head of Rugby League, Simon Fordham, said: “We’re thrilled to be starting the year in Melbourne with the World Club Challenge in what is the first year of an exciting new broadcast deal for Nine and the NRL. It’s the first of nine Storm games that Melbourne viewers can enjoy on the main channel this season, not to mention the opening game of State of Origin, which returns to the MCG in June. "

So far Nine has shown two Storm games live on the main channel: the WCC against Leeds and last month’s match away to Cronulla.

2 Likes

Thank you for that, how interesting, first time I’ve seen that officially stated.

So essentially the AFL are going backwards with their broadcast approach to non-traditional markets, whereas NRL are going forward?

Knowing the performance of the AFL on main channel in Syd/Bris in broadcast deals between 2002 and 2011, I wonder if Nine just agreed to ‘lump it’ (ratings/ad sales), in order for NRL to showcase Storm more and increase they’re exposure?

Like I said, the scheduling is intriguing for this day and age, good and bad, for both the NRL and Nine.

Not really - the AFL still lets non-Victorians watch every single game involving their local teams on FTA (either live or six times a year in SA & WA, delayed). The NRL still doesn’t have a similiar scheme in place for Melbourne viewers and Storm games

3 Likes

Week commencing 29 April 2018

Sunday 29 April
07:00 pm The Voice Blind Audition 8
08:30 pm 60 Minutes
09:30 pm I Shot My Parents
10:45 pm Killer on the Line Rpt
11:45 pm Major Crimes Rpt

Monday 30 April
07:30 pm The Voice Blind Audition 9
09:00 pm Sam Smith Live in London
10:10 pm 100% Footy (NRL) / Footy Classified (AFL)
11:10 pm Two And A Half Men x 2 Rpt

Tuesday 1 May
07:30 pm The Voice Blind Audition 10
09:00 pm Diana To Meghan: Royal Wedding Secrets
10:00 pm Beauty And The Beach
11:00 pm Mom x 2 Rpt

Wednesday 2 May
07:30 pm Young Sheldon S1 Ep7 and 8
08:30 pm Britain’s Got Talent Series 12 Premiere
10:00 pm Young Sheldon x 2 Rpt
11:00 pm Embarrassing Bodies Down Under Rpt

Thursday 3 May