ANZAC DAY Schedule Update:

Saturday 25 April

Sydney
05:30 am NINE NEWS SPECIAL
National War Memorial Dawn Service

06:00 am Weekend Today

10:00 am NINE NEWS SPECIAL
ANZAC Memorial Service
Join Nine News for the ANZAC Service from the ANZAC Memorial, Hyde Park and the Martin Place Cenotaph in Sydney

Melbourne
ANZAC Day Dawn Service - Live From The Shrine
Join Nine News for a special ANZAC Day Dawn Service - Live From The Shrine in Melbourne.

06:30 am Weekend Today

ANZAC Memorial Service

Brisbane
04:30 am NINE NEWS SPECIAL
ANZAC Day Dawn Service
Honouring our diggers on an ANZAC Day like no other. Join Andrew Lofthouse and Nine News for live coverage of the Dawn Service from ANZAC Square in Brisbane.

ANZAC Memorial Service

Adelaide
05:00 am NINE NEWS SPECIAL
Join Nine News for a special National ANZAC Day memorial service from the Australian War Memorial in Canberra.

05:30 Weekend Today

09:30 am NINE NEWS SPECIAL
ANZAC Memorial Service

Perth

ANZAC Memorial Service

All markets
07:30 MUSIC FROM THE HOME FRONT

The biggest names in Australian music join forces this Anzac Day performing from their own homes in a televised concert dedicated to the frontline workers against the Covid-19 pandemic.

09:30 pm Doctor Doctor Rpt

10:30 pm Movie: The Family (2013)

1 Like

KOKODA: The Spirit Lives

Saturday April 25 at 1.00pm

A feature-length documentary, walking in the footsteps of the Diggers, who in 1942, against all odds, preserved Australia’s freedom.

A stunningly filmed, modern telling of the Kokoda story and its significance in the Pacific War.

An exploration of the enduring spirit that sustained the Kokoda Diggers and which still inspires Australians today.

A commemoration of the most important campaign in Australia’s modern history.

KOKODA: The Spirit Lives is the third of Patrick Lindsay’s trilogy of documentaries on the Kokoda campaign, along with Kokoda … the Bloody Track in 1991 and Kokoda … the Last Parade in 1998).

More artists have been added to the line-up for Music from the Home Front.

Michael Gudinski mentioned Saul Shtein is a producer for Music from the Home Front. I assume that is the same Saul Shtein who was formerly Seven’s head of sport.

2 Likes

Hosts of ‘Music from the Home Front’ named as global superstars join line-up

ARIA CHART TOPPERS AND VOICE COACHES DELTA GOODREM AND GUY SEBASTIAN NAMED AS HOSTS ALONGSIDE DAVID CAMPBELL AND CHRISTIAN O’CONNELL

Australian music powerhouses and The Voice Coaches Delta Goodrem and Guy Sebastian will join David Campbell and Melbourne radio star Christian O’Connell as hosts of Music From The Home Front, screening this Saturday, April 25 at 7.30pm on Nine.

Delta and Guy will both present and perform from their respective homes, joining viewers in an intimate Anzac Day concert thanking frontline workers during this Covid-19 crisis. David Campbell will be hosting from the Nine Sydney studios and ARN Pure GOLD Network host Christian O’Connell will present from his house.

In addition to the stellar line-up of artists already announced, it was revealed this morning that global sensation Tones And I will perform. She joins Andrew Farriss (INXS), Archie Roach, Bliss N Eso, Diesel, Emma Donovan, Guy Sebastian, Jack River, John Schumann & the Vagabond Crew, Jon Stevens, Lee Kernaghan, Lime Cordiale, Troy Cassar-Daley, and Vince Harder to perform from their own homes in a televised concert dedicated to the frontline workers against the Covid-19 pandemic.

It was announced yesterday Amy & George Sheppard, Dean Lewis, DMA’s, James Morrison, James Reyne, Jess Hitchcock, Mahalia Barnes, Mark Seymour, Shane Howard, Tim Minchin and William Barton will also perform. This is in addition to Ben Lee, Birds Of Tokyo with West Australian Symphony Orchestra, Courtney Barnett, Delta Goodrem, G Flip, Ian Moss, Jimmy Barnes, Kevin Parker (Tame Impala), Missy Higgins, Paul Kelly, The Rubens, The Wiggles, Vance Joy and Vika & Linda Bull.

There are also set to be some surprises revealed tomorrow.

Set up by Michael Gudinski with some help from iconic Australian rocker Jimmy Barnes, Music From The Home Front is a big thank you to the essential workers, and is especially poignant on what is a sacred day for Australians. For those who have fought under our flags and those who serve on the frontline in the fight against Covid-19, we salute you on this very different Anzac Day.

Music From The Home Front will screen this Saturday, April 25 from 7.30pm on Nine and 9Now.

1 Like

Why are Victoria the only state not to Take the National War Memorial Service at 5:30a.m.?

1 Like

The answer is pretty obvious - they’re showing the local Dawn Service from the Shrine of Remembrance

2 Likes

Nine has acquired an ABBA documentary from ViacomCBS International Studios called ABBA: Secrets of Their Greatest Hits.

Given ViacomCBS owns 10, shouldn’t the network get the first pick?

2 Likes

You could ask the same about all the Channel 5 documentaries that appear on SBS. Maybe Ten doesn’t have a distribution agreement with ViacomCBS International? We know Ten has an agreement with CBS in the USA.

2 Likes

Maybe other than ownership, ViacomCBS doesn’t want anything to do with 10?

I mean, we’ve seen a lot of Paramount films on Nine (not to mention them dealing with Stan rather than All Access) this year whilst almost nothing on 10.

Paramount has never had an output with anyone, oddly. Seven, Nine, 10, SBS have all had shows and movies from them at various times over the decades. Many movies have bounced around one network to the next and back again too.

Unlike all the other providers, who have had exclusive outputs with one network or in recent times the same exclusivity but under lesser ‘cherry pick’ arrangements.

Since the 2006 split, movies (which may include mini-series or docos or specials?) have been licenced by this aforemetioned - Paramount.

Whereas Paramount/CBS TV shows have been licenced by CBS and (i.e.) 10.

ViacomCBS is in the business of making money, if 10 passed on this documentary - which doesn’t fit their demo audience at all IMO, then I can only think it’s a good thing and their parent company were able to monetize it elsewhere.

I hope we don’t hear this every time ViacomCBS owned content airs on another channel, surely it’s obvious by now that just cause they share common ownership - content is not automatically guaranteed to go to 10 and vice versa.

6 Likes

Yep.

I can’t believe Nine will show The Voice after Lego Masters, even though we will only see the blind auditions and battles only, and may have to wait months before the next two stages (playoffs and live shows) go to air.

In the current situation, I think the viewers will understand why the show would be split into two as a result of the pandemic restrictions. Seven will most likely have to do the same with BGT.

Plus this gives them an opportunity to save up some first-run content for later in the year, provided it does go ahead this year.

Okay. Trying to access the page (and rest of tv blackbox) on my phone gets me this on chrome:
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
That is the error code

Probably worth contacting them on social channels rather than…here.

1 Like

I reckon Travel Guides will air in the second half of 2020 and paired with The Block.

1 Like

It was mentioned here that it has probably been delayed due to the indefinite ban on Australians traveling overseas. There’s no point in promoting holidays if no one can go.

Frontier published a full page ad in News Corp papers today about the concert, similar to this post.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_YTODyioGV/