Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

Saw a promo during the tennis tonight which said the new season of Paramedics would premiere in February. I think it will air on either Tuesday (to take advantage of Married at First Sight lead-in) or Thursday nights.

EDIT 1/2: new 10-second promo aired tonight during the tennis says Paramedica will premiere on Tuesday, February 11, after Married at First Sight.

More information on My Way

SERIES SYNOPSIS

We all have a passion. The thing that makes us feel alive. That makes us tick. That drives us to put up with the daily grind, so we can find that feeling of release. It might be a special place, or great people, or a pastime that’s perfect for us. It helps us recharge and collect ourselves before we face the world again.

What we do may not be for everyone. That’s okay – it doesn’t have to be. It’s personal. But it still makes you proud, because it helps to define you. It’s the thing that makes you say: I’m doing this My Way.

EPISODE SYNOPSIS

My Way is about your friends, neighbours and family. Real people with real jobs, life pressures and everyday challenges we can all relate to.

You won’t find a polished TV presenter in My Way, or a social influencer plugging their lifestyle. You’ll only hear from real people who share their stories firsthand about their life passions. How they spend their weekends. Their days off. Their holidays.

Each episode of My Way features people who are doing things their way, to grip and inspire audiences to make the most of their time on this planet. This is a curation of firsthand stories told directly by the subject, unearthing a sincere and personal form of story-telling.

My Way will focus on four main thematic pillars: destination, fitness and adventure, culture, and menu. From these pillars we can construct more clearly defined stories that will become chapters within each episode.
Our narrator (Tim Blackwell – radio host) will connect the chapters and bring each entire episode together, with clearly marked signposts to carry the audience along, including places to go for the viewer to seek out more information.

PILLARS

Destination
Destinations, events and experiences are intrinsic to every My Way story. However, at times the destination is the key. Connection to water, wildlife, wilderness or community can feed the soul and re-centre the mind. We find the travellers who are enriched by their travel experiences and discover how a destination or journey can leave a lasting impression.

Fitness and Adventure
We are all looking for a little adventure in our lives, and the weekend is the time to find it. These adventurers go off-road in search of adrenaline, thrills and exploration. These are people getting fit by competing in trail runs, training to walk across the Simpson Desert or the Kokoda Trail and competing in Tough Mudder weekends. It’s fitness and adventure with an attitude, their way.

Culture
Finding what is true to yourself can take you on journeys you never thought you’d travel. Whether you’re engrossing yourself in a community of people who love what you love, creating amazing pieces of art, or collecting the collectibles no one thought to salvage. Weekends are for expressing everything that drives an individual. Some pastimes will be eccentric and out of left field, but the enthusiasm of each pursuit will charm and shine through.

Menu
The culture of food and drink is booming, with home brewers turning their passion into craft brew businesses and DIY barbecue fanatics building their own smokers to slow-cook the perfect brisket. Add this to our continuing love affair with all things brewed – from coffee to kombucha – and we’ll find the people who are out there trying to do things their way to delight the senses.

NARRATOR

TIM BLACKWELL
37-year-old Tim Blackwell has had more than 15 years’ experience in radio and has solidified himself as one of Australia’s biggest names within the industry.

As well as radio he has been involved with television networks across Australia, appearing in live commentary regularly on Today and Today Extra, as well as popping up on Nine’s long-running travel program, Getaway.

Tim’s passion for radio, music, interviewing bands, musicians, and telling their stories his way makes him the perfect narrator for My Way. His sense of fun and easygoing personality has been the key to his success, and he’s done it his way.

Since joining Nova in 2001, Blackwell has worked as part of Nova’s biggest shows and is now one-third of Australia’s top-rated radio program, Kate, Tim and Marty, entertaining listeners on the weekday drive home from 4-6pm across Australia.

Tim is married to Monique and they have three children, daughter, Bo and sons Alfie and Artie. He is also a passionate Hawthorne Football Club supporter.

Week commencing 9 February 2020

Sunday 9 February
07:00 pm Married At First Sight
08:30 pm 60 Minutes Season Premiere

09:30 pm Weinstein: Hollywood’s Reckoning
10:30 pm Doctor, Doctor Rpt
11:30 pm Manifest Rpt

Monday 10 February
07:30 pm Married At First Sight
09:00 pm Movie: Pitch Perfect 3 (2017) PREMIERE
11:00 pm Mom Rpt
11:30 pm Chicago Med Rpt

Tuesday 11 February
09:00 pm Paramedics Season 2 Premiere
10:00 pm Chicago Med Season 4 Premiere
11:00 pm Unforgetable S04 E10

Wednesday 12 February
09:00 pm Doctor, Doctor S04 E02
10:00 pm New Amsterdam S02 E02
11:00 pm Lethal Weapon S03 E10

Thursday 13 February
07:30 pm RBT
08:30 pm Movie: Transformers: The Last Knight (2017) PREMIERE
11:35 pm Cold Case Rpt

Friday 14 February
07:30 pm Movie: Ghost (1990)
10:00 pm Movie: The Notebook (2004)

Saturday 15 February
07:00 pm Taronga: Who’s Who In The Zoo S01 E02
08:00 pm Movie: Crocodile Dundee II (1998)
10:15 pm Movie: Uncle Buck (1989)

1 Like

Nine going with Valentine Day movies.

1 Like

Terrible movie. The first movie was great.

You can watch the first one on Seven the following Saturday

3 Likes

Nine going for medical themed shows on both Tuesday and Wednesday nights.
Transformers: The Last Knight was terrible also, could give Seven and 10 a chance to grab some ratings points if they program right.

This documentary was produced by Sky News UK and profiles the brave women who first came forward to take down one of the kings of the movie industry.

1 Like

I’m waiting for Parmesan.

Episode 1 of My Way airs Sunday 9 Feb at 5:30 pm in Queensland and Saturday 15 Feb at 12.00 midday elsewhere.

From turning a backyard BBQ hobby into a booming business, to discovering your spirit animal in vintage clothing and pin-up culture, host Tim Blackwell introduces inspirational Australians who aren’t afraid to say, ‘I’m doing this My Way’.

1 Like

Honestly, this show sounds confused about what it is and plain terrible.

Is Duncanville a 9Now exclusive or are they airing it on say 9Go ! or something?

Schedule Update

Saturday 8 February
08:00 pm Doctor, Doctor Rpt
09:00 pm Movie: Marley & Me (2008)
11:20 pm The Wedding Date (2005)

Saturday 15 February
08:00 pm Movie: Crocodile Dundee (1986)
10:00 pm Coming To America (1998)

Looks like Disney content is gone from 9. Even the Disney kids movies on Fridays are gone from 9Go.

Week commencing 16 February 2020

Sunday 16 February
07:00 pm Married At First Sight First Commitment Ceremony
08:30 pm 60 Minutes Season Premiere
09:30 pm Truth and Lies: Jeffrey Epstein ABC News US Special. Multiple women who say they have survived horrific and traumatic experiences, allegedly at the hands of Jeffrey Epstein, share their stories.
11:15 pm Manifest Rpt

Monday 17 February
07:30 pm Married At First Sight Intimacy week
09:00 pm Movie: Bad Moms (2016)
11:00 pm Chicago Med Rpt

Tuesday 18 February
09:00 pm Paramedics S02 E02
10:00 pm Chicago Med S04 E02
11:00 pm New Amsterdam Rpt

Wednesday 19 February
09:00 pm Doctor, Doctor S04 E03
10:00 pm New Amsterdam S02 E03
11:00 pm Lethal Weapon S03 E10
11:50 pm Westside Rpt

Thursday 20 February
07:30 pm RBT
08:30 pm Movie: London Has Fallen (2016)
10:30 pm World’s Wildest Flights Rpt
11:30 pm Armed And Deadly Rpt

Friday 21 February
07:30 pm Doctor, Doctor Rpt
08:30 pm Movie: The Green Mile (1999)

Saturday 22 February
Sydney
07:00 pm RBT
07:30 pm Rugby League: Indigenous All Stars v Maori All Stars
10:15 pm Movie: Crocodile Dundee II (1988)

Brisbane
07:00 pm Rugby League: Indigenous All Stars v Maori All Stars
09:15 pm Movie: Crocodile Dundee II (1988)
11:30 pm Cold Case Rpt

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
07:00 pm Taronga: Who’s Who In The Zoo S01 E03
08:00 pm Movie: Crocodile Dundee II (1998)
10:15 pm Movie: Uncle Buck (1989)

4 Likes

Where’s this first run schedule early in the ratings year? Promos that were smashed out during the tennis? Movie re-runs, seriously?

2 Likes

Relying purely on the success of MAFS to carry them to weekly wins.

1 Like

Based off one main channel schedule?

Three weeks in a row now.

Going from multiple movies a week from Disney to zero is quite strange, don’t you reckon?

The cupboard is bare already for Nine? Having a “Doctor Doctor” REPEAT on Friday night, at 7.30pm?

They surely can’t just rely on Married at First Sight to boost their weekly shares?

4 Likes

They should have started the Zoo program on Friday?