Nine Network 2022

Does anyone think that Allison Langdon could be given more prime-time opportunities on Nine next year (in addition to Today)? From all accounts, she’s doing a great job hosting Parental Guidance.

1 Like

Why? That would probably overdo it.

Surely Today, Parental Guidance and the Carols is enough for her.

It wouldn’t surprise me if she was given more opportunities. It saves money.

Well, she’s on $1.8m so Nine need to get their money’s worth. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A new 10-part series called Best Pools will debut on Nine in spring 2022, featuring a collection of the best pools and spas across Australia. It will be hosted by The Block’s resident landscaper Dave Franklin.

2 Likes

Announcement includes details of a new motoring show for Nine in 2022

Simon Halfhide named CEO of Drive

Appointment marks a closer relationship between Nine and Drive with plans for a new TV show in 2022

Nine has this morning announced the appointment of Simon Halfhide as CEO of Drive.

The promotion of Halfhide, the former CFO of Drive, follows the elevation of Alex Parsons to Chief Digital Officer for Nine in July this year.

“I’m thrilled to have Simon step up to be CEO of Drive,” said Parsons. “In recent months he has successfully overseen the integration of the Drive brand across our digital presence and he will help take the brand to new levels.”

Halfhide is a former COO of BMF Advertising and prior to joining Drive was Head of Commercial Finance at leading holding group Dentsu. “I am incredibly excited to be taking over Drive at what is a significant point for the automotive space,” said Halfhide. “The past 12 months has seen the sector adapt to unprecedented new car demand, and for Drive this has meant the team stepping up and accelerating our growth plans to leverage our strength and leadership in the new car market.”

“Next year will see us further accelerating these plans as we move to bring the Drive brand to the big screen.”

Halfhide noted that in addition to integrating the Drive brand across all of Nine’s digital automotive properties, the team has been working on expanded television exposure for Drive on the 9Network.

The company unveiled plans for a brand-funded television extension over recent weeks during its 2022 automotive Upfronts presentation.

“For some time we have been looking for the right means of bringing the brand to television, and I’m pleased to say that in 2022 Drive will be on the 9Network. We will announce details of the new TV presence early in the new year,” Halfhide said.

2 Likes

What is that Magda show? Never heard of it till now

4 Likes

Yeah it was announced at upfronts.

NBC drama La Brea, which was filmed in Melbourne and regional Victoria, will get a FTA screening next year. The first season is taking a winter break in the US after 10 episodes.

2 Likes

It isn’t on 9Now.

2 Likes

Nine’s press release at its upfronts said:

In 2022 9Now will continue to deliver fresh new content with the addition of exclusive premieres La Brea…

I thought the show would stream on 9Now first?

2 Likes

The quote literally says in 2022… 9Now.

Oh that’s the mother off the show “The Detour”

So it looks like LOST but in a sinkhole

1 Like

It’s pretty dreadful.

1 Like

Another dating show on Nine :roll_eyes:. Seriously is there nothing else they could’ve come up with?

UPDATE – At the exact second of publication Nine has indicated to me that “It is not Nine”. Whether this denial encompasses Stan (being Nine Entertainment Co) is to be investigated.

It would be interesting if it ended up at Stan. The article does state it’s likely to be one episode a week which would probably be Stan matching Netflix’s once a week reality output?

If the new show does end up on Stan, I can ask the mods to move the posts to the relevant thread.

that’s now gone and in its place is this >
UPDATE – Nine have since told TV Blackbox they will not screen the American version of the series, but gave no specific comment regarding the Australian version of the series.

UPDATE 2 – I am standing by the story that Nine has picked up the rights to the Australian version and will air this later in the year.

1 Like