Nine Network 2022

That’s an understatement, apparently Chopper aired in February 2018 - thought the franchise had been off air for at least five years!

Was Informer 3838 (mini-series which aired last year) part of Underbelly franchise?

1 Like

Yes and no. They didn’t brand it as Underbelly because if it was a continuation of the series then it wouldn’t qualify for government funding because they had reached a maximum number of episodes.

But was made by the same producers and featured a lot of the same actors, so in effect it was an Underbelly series. Fat Tony & Co was the same.

3 Likes

Perhaps it will be named something else but still feature the same storyline/characters as Underbelly?

Here’s hoping they do a new series of Halifax too. That is a very Nine drama and was their best drama last year.

I agree. Hopefully moving forward with Total TV networks will start commissioning more drama .

Blue Heelers thanks, call it New Heelers, Toms running the pub these days retired and the new cops all come for advice. PJ is the Senior seargeant.

1 Like

what channel and what time are upfronts on?

No FTA airing and it’s on at around 3pm AEST.

EDIT: what TV.Cynic said.

The upfront is 4PM-5PM AEST

1 Like

How do we watch it?

It is not open to the public AFAIK. Nine will be tweeting so probably clips there?

Looking ahead to this afternoon, upfronts are generally pretty underwhelming affairs full stop. However, it’s probably going to be even more so with Nine’s one considering they’ll very likely announce new seasons of all of their reality tentpoles.

Aside from perhaps a new drama or two, they’ll probably announce very few actual new programs (not counting any programs held over from this year due to COVID).

One other thing - I wouldn’t be surprised if some type of rights acquisition announcement for Stan Sport is made this afternoon. Not saying it’ll happen - just putting out a ‘thought bubble’ that an upfront would be a good time to make such an announcement.

Which is exactly what they did in their 2019 upfronts. Honestly hoping they do get some new big shows but knowing their track record they’ll probably keep flogging the same old horses to death.

And maybe new on air presentations for all 4 channels. :man_shrugging:t2:

I’m looking forward to finding out what Sam Armytage’s role will be at the network next year. Is she joining Today, as New Idea recently asserted, or did the new evening news and talk show rumoured in Woman’s Day to have been pitched to Nine by Karl and Sam get off the ground.

4 Likes

There’s 5. :rofl:

1 Like

Apparently you can register to stream Nine’s upfronts on this site here. Not sure how accurate it is though/or if only certain people can register.

https://nineupfront.com.au/

Who said she is joining Nine?

I’ve always been of the understanding it’s for industry professionals, not just enthusiasts or anyone from the general public interested in watching them.

Correct