Nine Network 2022

With Poh, Scott Pickett and Yvie Jones.

According to TV Tonight pretty much everything else is back so far. MAFS, Lego, Celebrity Apprentice, Beauty and the Geek, Ninja Warrior, Travel Guides and The Block.

Parental Guidance (The Parent Jury) is in 2021 and Australia Behind Bars with Mel Doyle is in 2022.

3 Likes

New

2 Likes

More true crime and lifestyle. Nine are certainly very innovative :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

New drama

Plus Underbelly

4 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Full details

1 Like

Overall, a lot of new content coming from Nine. It seems that apart from Snackmasters, Nine’s lineup of ‘new’ shows appear to be either in the factual, true crime or lifestyle category. Would’ve been nice to see some more variety in the genres of new shows.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem like there will be any form of an on-air refresh. The logos are starting to age now.

Lens flare galore with the same colour palette :pensive:

1 Like

No major surprises with Nine’s 2022 lineup (as per usual I guess…), although it would’ve been nice if Tipping Point Australia was announced as a replacement for Hot Seat at 5pm.

1 Like

doesnt seem like it. hopefully there might still be some surprises though

:sleeping:

Only two scripted series: Underbelly: Vanishing Act and After The Verdict :slightly_frowning_face:

Let’s not forget the Upfrints are not the be all and end all for Nine and their schedule from now into 2022. Plenty of time for them to announce additional series, acquisitions, network refreshes and the like which weren’t ready to announce at the time of the upfronts or are still being worked through.

2 Likes

Hopefully there will be some more announcements about drama for next year. be great to see one more drama from 9

A network refresh was never going to be announced. The upfronts are for advertisers. They couldn’t care less if nine has a new promo look.

Am aware of that, am responding to others who thought that may be or hoped to be announced today.

they have shown off a refresh occasionally at upfronts in the past. I remember seeing them announce the current multichannel logos at an upfronts…

I understand that but it’s now 2021 and a lot more to cover that generates revenue than a logo colour update

Given the half-hearted way in which Seven has rolled out their current branding, I’d personally rather wait for brand new look Nine which has been well thought out, encompasses all elements of the network (including News, Sport, etc.) and is actually good enough to last 5-6 years!