Nine Network 2022

It’s very unusual for Nine to reveal its plans for its publishing business first, ahead of TV and radio.

It’s not about just TV, it’s about all platform these days and how the tie in and compliment each other. They are a media company not a TV broadcaster.

2 Likes

Now onto data

3 Likes

Interesting they chose to use Roz Kelly as part of the sport presentation and not Erin Molan.

the television intro used the still the one line…

Now onto Television - selling linear + live streaming + on demand i.e., VOZ.

Now talking about WIN

From Jul 2022 will integrate regional sales into Nine.

4 Likes

The Block just confirmed to be going bush “treechange”.

2 Likes

Snack Masters announced

Celebrity Lego Masters.

1 Like

Upfronts are not meant (nor are they designed) to be public consumption events - they are held to a) Convince advertisers to begin/continue advertising with them and b) Promote their line-up of programs for next year to the media.

Frankly (having watched the last few that were streamed on 9Now), they are mind-numbing to sit through - especially because you know you are being fed a lot of BS spin for an hour to 90 minutes. Unless it’s your job to write about TV, I don’t know why you would want to put yourself through such a painful experience (and I say that as someone who should want to watch such an event compared to the ‘average’ member of the public)

2 Likes

With Poh, Scott Pickett and Yvie Jones.

According to TV Tonight pretty much everything else is back so far. MAFS, Lego, Celebrity Apprentice, Beauty and the Geek, Ninja Warrior, Travel Guides and The Block.

Parental Guidance (The Parent Jury) is in 2021 and Australia Behind Bars with Mel Doyle is in 2022.

3 Likes

New

2 Likes

More true crime and lifestyle. Nine are certainly very innovative :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

New drama

Plus Underbelly

4 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Full details

1 Like

Overall, a lot of new content coming from Nine. It seems that apart from Snackmasters, Nine’s lineup of ‘new’ shows appear to be either in the factual, true crime or lifestyle category. Would’ve been nice to see some more variety in the genres of new shows.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem like there will be any form of an on-air refresh. The logos are starting to age now.

Lens flare galore with the same colour palette :pensive:

1 Like

No major surprises with Nine’s 2022 lineup (as per usual I guess…), although it would’ve been nice if Tipping Point Australia was announced as a replacement for Hot Seat at 5pm.

1 Like

doesnt seem like it. hopefully there might still be some surprises though