Nine Network 2021

I could only see them doing that if the AO was postponed to the end of Feb.

1 Like

In Nine’s eyes: They want more renovation, dating and rebooted shows. We’ll give those to them.

So he thinks The Celebrity Apprentice, Love Island, Beauty and the Geek, Beach House Escape and The Parent Jury will be enough to prop up their schedule (along with the staples) in the same way The Voice did for many years? We’ll have to see about that.

4 Likes

You forgot to mention Love Island, which I believe is returning (albeit on the Gold Coast) in 2021 after a one year hiatus.

With no Bachelor in Paradise next year and just about all of Seven’s recent titles in this genre cancelled, it certainly seems like Nine are attempting to be the dominate player in the dating, relationship and wedding-themed genre of “reality” shows next year.

3 Likes

His interviews today sounded like Nine have possibly left the door open for one of their shows (even if not a top-rating one) to go in January or partially anyway, if the Aus Open is confirmed for the first two weeks of February. He was asked about the summer of tennis.

Did say that tennis and Married will kick-off the year, which indicates a few things: Aus Open definitely running, definitely still start of year and Married definitely still after whenever the tennis finishes.

4 Likes

That’s certainly going to work in their favour…not really.

I know many said that Nine don’t need to, but I wish they commissioned some more new shows like Hunted, The Circle or maybe even a local version of Race Across the World (and base it in Australia).

2 Likes

Nine relying too many programs of similar genre will come back to bite it in the end. Just look at 10 and its reliance on The Bachelor franchise.

2 Likes

I reckon the Bachelor franchise would’ve performed better had they aired the schedule as intended with Bachelor in Paradise following Survivor and DWTS and Masterchef afterwards. Having the three franchises following one another was bound to cause viewer fatigue.

Hopefully Nine will be willing to try some new genres out there next year, because the current lineup is very average at the moment and could do with some better stuff and not just full of dating and renovating shows.

5 Likes

Megan Gale will host Australia’s Best House, which will debut on 9Life in February 2021. The 7-part program, which was filmed this month, will take viewers inside the country’s best residential projects and see one crowned Australia’s Best House.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/megan-gale-finds-her-new-home-on-tv/news-story/947403cad1a1fad296db823b7ac61151

Megan confirmed the hosting role on Instagram during the week.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CI0FWDEDx3e/

1 Like

Nine seems obsessed with the renovation genre.

1 Like

It will be on 9Life so makes sense.

3 Likes

Eddie Maguire on Today show just then. They discussed him leaving Collingwood and Triple M. He said it’s time to ‘take stock’ as his kids are finishing school and because he has some ‘exciting things coming up at Channel 9, but will wait for the press releases’ or something along those lines.

2 Likes

I thought we would go into politics. Wasn’t he offered a safe labour seat back in the early 2000s?

2 Likes

Yes. In 2006ish I think, but he was head of Ch9 at the time. I don’t think he will go into politics.

I wonder what he could be doing at Ch9. Maybe a new game show?

3 Likes

Perhaps an Australian version of Tipping Point?

1 Like

Well there’s not much else he can do at 9 because of his Fox contract.

I am hoping for a prime time version of millionaire

3 Likes

Well, that will spoil it.

1 Like

Nine Network 2021 - CONFIRMED

January: Travel Guides, Millionaire Hot Seat specials

February: Australian Open, Married at First Sight

7 Likes
5 Likes