Nine Network 2020

They said it was a panel show but I guess it could be a panel/game show.

Heavily focused of the current programming line-up. Something that advertisers know .

The BBC doco and two new dramas were the only interesting new programs (for me).

No new reality stripped formats.

Not listed specifically in the media releases though highlighted in the closing package were Seachnage and Love Island.

1 Like

I’d say neither has been renewed yet but may still happen.

Um, Christmas eve is a Tuesday this year. Under Carols it says Monday.

1 Like

On a Saturday at 5:30pm. It should be on a weekday at 7:30pm for one hour, I think.

While that was to be expected considering how well their stripped reality formats have performed this year, Nine should have done more to address their post 8:30pm/9pm weakness. Aside from Travel Guides and Paramedics, not much has performed well for them.

Not to mention there’s likely going to be again a Q4 hole that they’ll need to fill because I doubt Love Island will be renewed if it continues to perform as underwhelmingly as it has

1 Like

Whilst I don’t watch it nor care for these type of shows do we know it’s performing poorly on other metrics other than total people? It might be huge on BVOD and catch up. Who knows? They’ll evaluate then see if they renew.

So this is the big headline that NewsCorp goes with after the Nine Upfronts.

Karl’s show axed from Channel 9:
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/karl-stefanovics-this-time-next-year-axed-from-channel-9s-2020-lineup/news-story/baa96d745e90e69a2dfa15873bfe00df

2 Likes

The big item from today’s upfronts is Nine’s new partnership with the BBC for nature documentaries. If this works well, it could lead to collaborations in other genres like drama.
Otherwise, the 2020 line-up is much of the same from this year.

2 Likes

Paul Vautin is listed as being involved in the NRL coverage. There were rumours that he would be dumped at some point. It is good he is still at Nine as away from the buffoonery he has always been a good commentator.

Shocking!!

1 Like

Well nothing really noteworthy from nine but why do they need to change much when they are the current number 1?

2 Likes

More impressive than what Ten served up and what is rumoured to be coming to Seven. At least there is a bit of depth in the schedule- more drama and some factual and doco content. Probably not enough, though. I’d be willing to give a couple of those titles a viewing but I won’t be watching live or changing my current habit of streaming international content from 7pm.

Something I notice during the upfronts. There was a women’s sport segment with tennis, rugby league and netball all represented.

Given Nine will show next year’s women’s T20 World Cup cricket, why didn’t the network invite a member of Australian women’s cricket team to the event?

1 Like

Maybe Nine couldn’t or didn’t want to because of Seven’s upcoming cricket coverage?

I’m guessing the cricketers were unavailable because the majority would have been at the Women in Sport Awards tonight.

2 Likes

Oops, forgot about that.

1 Like

Nine is on track to enjoy its best ratings share performance of all time.

Is this claim even accurate? Would think Nine wouldn’t be able to match how it performed in its peak ‘Still the One’ years

4 Likes

They were building a NASA rocket and here is the finished creation:
https://twitter.com/SteveMolk/status/1184400671518314496

1 Like