Nine Network 2019

It’s up to them to make up something that is appealing to the audience but also truthful; they shouldn’t be saying things that are untrue.

Surely they can say something positive about their news service. “For over 60 years, Australians have trusted Nine News - Australia’s first television news service”

1 Like

The move to Melbourne didn’t help MCA at all. Its first year there was a disaster, mainly as a result of them trying to copy MKR in that season. It did pickup in subsequent seasons, but, like most shows, never again matched its early seasons.
I’m not sure that a move to Melbourne will guarantee an increase in viewers for Ninja ( unless 9 is going to whack it with the made in Melbourne stamp (for the Melbourne market)). However, new entrants & an actual winner may see an increase.

9 episodes. Short run series

Well they could argue they aren’t… Leading is a broad term that contains different meanings. As does trustworthy. Some must think it is trustworthy if over a million are watching it.

1 Like

IMO New Amsterdam is a great show. One of my favourites of the new US season thus far.

I however will not be waiting for Nine to screen it. Episode 4 today.

This should give Seven some food for thought before negotiations begin in late 2020 for the next AFL broadcast deal.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s only moving to melbourne because it’s cheaper to produce here.

That and because harbourside residents complained about the noise coming from Cockatoo Island.

However despite Australian Ninja Warrior’s move to Melbourne, I won’t be overly surprised if the Sydney ratings remain decent in 2019. Clearly people here don’t mind The Block being produced in Melbourne, because it’s consistently been up there on the list of the Sydney market’s top rating TV programs recently.

2 Likes

I agree. When this had huge ratings they could afford the extra cost associated with Cockatoo Island. If they tweak it properly, it may have legs. I can’t see it being huge again.

Just saw a promo for World of Dance on Nine Melbourne during The Trade Table. It could mean Nine is planning to air the dance competition over summer.

I’m not saying Nine should have announced wide sweeping changes. However, them not recognizing there’s issues with their lineup (which potentially could get worse) and not doing at least something to address it is strategic malpractice IMHO.

1 Like

Anyone know if they actually filmed Accidental Heroes because that still has not aired yet?

Nine still has a new season of Lethal Weapon to show. They are now a full season behind.

If they’re practicing what they preach on 9now Lethal Weapon would be there in it’s entirety right?

Nine had to amend their list of returning shows to include the AFL Footy Show.

The new American comedy ‘I Feel Bad’ is already on 9now. There are 4 episodes online - the same number that have aired so far in America,

1 Like

A pretty good mix overall and a lot of variety which is nice to see.

Not sure why Nine bothered to promote New Amsterdam or World of Dance. Both will flop hard. Dancing shows have been dead for ages here and a past it J Lo is not going to woo people. New Amsterdam won’t fare any better. Falling ratings in the US and coming along with a glut of medical shows will probably induce fatigue with the genre.

Talking 'bout your generation. Just no. It’s not going to happen. It’s had its day and doesn’t need to return again.

I can’t see them clawing back viewers to Ninja warrior and expect next one to be the last. I guess they have to try and save face though.

Still it’s a much more solid lineup than 2018, so I think Nine will do quite well.

1 Like

We haven’t seen Seven or Ten’s plans yet but the pressure is well and truly on them. Seven must do better than recent years with new commissions and tweak the ageing MKR and House Rules so that they don’t fizzle out opposite Nine and Ten’s newer, shinier offerings.

4 Likes

Ten will also be targeting Nine’s audience more then Seven’s it would seem.

Yes it’s been streaming same day as the US since the start. Not sure why Nine announced it as one of their summer shows for 9NOW.

Nine’s 2019 Line Up. Not shown here is Hamish & Andy’s “Perfect” Holiday, Murder, Lies and Alibis, Dynasties with David Attenborough, New Amsterdam and ABBA: Let the Music Speak.

5 Likes