Nine Network 2019

I assume Bite Club is axed.

bite club looked to be a one season show esp when i watched it and esp the end episode

Nine has also got new American reality series World of Dance which has Jennifer Lopez as one of the judges and executive producers. Two seasons have already aired on NBC in the US and was renewed for a third season in 2019, not sure which season Nine will start from.

ABBA back on Nine.

1 Like

Expected, but underwhelming. I’ll be watching Seachange & The Block, I think thats it for me.

2 Likes

I was expecting more new shows.

Surprised that they are bringing Talkin bout My Generation back. Shocked that they’re bring SeaChange back.

From earlier in the upfront, assuming this gives an indication of when Nine’s ‘key’ 2019 shows will air:

2 Likes

They should be commended for talking up Aussie content and telling Aussie stories. But then they launched the prerecorded stuff with two foreign accents, an American and a Brit from The Voice kicking it off. It got better after that but still…

2 Likes

They have a new holiday show with Hamish & Andy.

Married at First Sight will air straight after the Australian Open.

Is yourMoney the red headed bastard step child of the Nine family nobody is allowed to speak about?

3 Likes

The after party:

1 Like

I was really hoping this would make a return.

2 Likes

Surprised about Seachange. I honestly thought Halifax FP would have been perfect for a reboot as they are essentially telemovies?
They should approach Bec Gibney. Add them to the drama slate of say 2 a year? And you’re laughing!

1 Like

Did TCN9 ever use a test pattern using that picture, because I only remember TEN10 using it.

That’s my memory of Sydney television in the 1970s, too. Ten always used the clown test pattern whereas the others used the standard one. However, Nine has pretty much been a 24 hour station in my living memory with a test card seldom necessary on TCN.

I’d gladly watch that for an hour over some of the crap they have planned for 2019.

2 Likes

Have to laugh at some of the BS language

New Amsterdam"the next major US big drama" . huh?

“Australia’s news leader”, “Nine is the most trusted name in news’” - no it isn’t.

6 Likes

The word “wankfest” came to mind several times during that presentation.

5 Likes

Very surprised to see Your Gen renewed and The Voice feature so prominently. I suspect Love Island moving to the main channel is a bit of insurance in the event of The Voice and Australian Ninja Warrior continuing to underperform.

The drama slate certainly looks superior to other networks and Nine should be applauded for celebrating drama like they did today at the upfront, getting the cast all out on stage and addressing the audience.

The Lego Show looks ridiculous but I suppose if anyone can get buy-in for that it’s Hamish Blake.

The sport offering and exclusivity around tennis and big league matches is far superior to that of Seven’s which simulcasts everything with Foxtel except the AFL Grand Final.

All in all, a decent effort. I would have liked to have seen more risks but lego is all they can stomach and I accept that may be enough risk.