Nine (NBN)

It’s interesting to see the old channel 3 logo on the side of the teleprompter in that shot.

7 Likes

Just bizarre how they can’t seem to let go of the past.

1 Like

They’ve always been like that with a lot of things, only this week they’ve finally let go of the locally made news themes and adopted the network one.

The Goodnight Big Dog still has the old NBN logo on it, not the Nine one.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with honouring their past with some vintage logos on their cameras.

Nine Adelaide’s current site for example, where they moved in 2015, has internal windows between offices covered with old newspaper headlines about the launch of the station and notable figures.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with it behind the scenes maybe, but surprising for that to be publicly shown, and the weird inconsistent on-air branding… nah.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same. It’s a piece of history and located where it wouldn’t be seen much. Nothing wrong with it.

Things like that a while to update. Fat Cat on TVW had the old circle 7 logo for quite a while after the new one launched in 2000. Then when they dumped the ribbon for the boring flat red version the ribbon version remained there until they redid the whole thing.

As for the theme music I wish they had kept the old one. Nine say they want to keep the NBN News brand separate but everything now looks and sounds like Nine News except for the name. Why bother? Just call it that and be done with it.

It’s been over 5 years now with the Big Dog logo… shouldn’t be hard to put a solid dotty 9 logo over it.

1 Like

I agree that things should be consistent (especially after 5 years) but these things usually come down to priorities. Most people wouldn’t notice it so they will think it’s not worth dedicating time for someone to update it.

Maybe it’s ‘camera 3’ and someone has just put the swirls on it for a laugh.

6 Likes

Billboards

Digital Direct

3 Likes

They must have had a fail. NINE 6PM NEWS Sydney going to air tonight here in New England/Northwest.

5 Likes

its same as win news that will never be 9 news branding

1 Like

If Nine were to buy WIN, I’d expect the last remnants of the WIN brand to disappear.

Other than perhaps in the Wollongong area, I’d be shocked if any ordinary viewers had any affection for it.

3 Likes

Same with the NBN brand outside of Newcastle.

3 Likes

Stuff up this morning on Nine Mid North Coast. A Christmas ad for the make a wish foundation went to air complete with the Ten logo alongside the Triple M logo at the end. The ad had one of the SCA V/O’s. Scheduling error at NPC?

4 Likes

On my recent trip to the Central Coast, I hardly see much local ads for Central Coast businesses on 9NBN Central Coast.

From my understanding & observations, Prime7 Central Coast is basically a replica of Prime7 Newcastle, playing the same ads but in a different order.

3 Likes

That’s my point I don’t why they just don’t run the same feed it would be much easier for them most locals refer to the regional stations as Newcastle stations anyways cause they have so many Newcastle based ads on them.

Is Big Dog still on air?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure he still is… That’s all he ever does… go to bed, I never see him get up, but I assume one has to get up before they can go to bed again.

4 Likes

NBN Management, if you read this… the purpose of “We Love It” IDs is to emphasise that Nine continues to be a local station even though it rebranded from NBN to Nine.

Continuing to put a Woy Woy ID in the Newcastle market goes against the purpose of those promos… Woy Woy is on the Central Coast and isn’t a part of Newcastle and the Hunter’s community.

You should actually chat to locals about what vision relates to our region like Nobby’s Lighthouse, Newcastle Baths, Newcastle Uni Hunter St, Morpeth Bridge, Stockton Bridge, Singleton Sundial, Newcastle Harbour with Ships. Newcastle CBD viewed from Stockton.

At least get that right considering the ongoing unfavourable publicity lately.

The same goes for other markets… don’t play Newcastle IDs on the Central Coast or Mid North Coast etc… And reduce Newcastle stories in other market’s local windows

5 Likes