Nine (NBN)

Well obviously they’d only use that in the Newcastle market - I doubt there’s many people outside Newcastle that have much attachment to the NBN brand.

2 Likes

This ad is interesting. They have used the 9 logo but still have the NBN letters. Unless it’s an old video.

2 Likes

Probably old since the website the video links to has an updated video with the NEC logo instead of the logo shown in the video.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the NBN News brand was retained until the name and branding of the proposed regional bulletins for the Southern Cross stations is finalised.

2 Likes

Th latest rumour (that I’ve heard) is that SCA will retain the metro bulletins but do local news as an insert during the bulletin (for instance 6.20 to 6,35pm or something like that) and then returning to the metro bulletins.

Since SC Nine covers three states, I would be surprised if they try and do their own 1 hour composite bulletins, there would probably need to be a separate bulletin for each state,

4 Likes

I just saw Peter Hitchener do a news update on NBN in Newcastle (with NBN News coverup).

Why is Peter doing our updates? Or does this just happen every now and then?

1 Like

Sydney got that one too, it was a national update as far as I can tell.

2 Likes

That’s unusual?

Was it “breaking” news of sorts?

It’s not like today was a big news day anyhow.

Anyone got a video? I’m intrigued

I’ve always seen Melbourne newsreaders do updates on NBN and TCN over the years. Most likely they would be national updates.

1 Like

They should’ve sued them over the use of the initials. It worked for the World Wildlife Fund. They have been NBN since 1962. It has a certain cache in our region,

But as much as we’re now 24 years since aggrigation, it was just a matter of time.

2 Likes

It was interesting last night doing a “Side By Side” of NBN Newcastle and TCN through Millionare, News and ACA

I might try and put together a side by side video on YouTube one day

2 Likes

Whereabouts are you, Sydnet?

Here’s one of mine of Nine Sydney (via Wyong repeater - on the left) and Nine (NBN) Newcastle on the right using the “picture in picture” on my telly.

Nine is about 3 seconds ahead of NBN.

I am at Charlestown - about 10 kms south of Newcastle.

2 Likes

Here are a few LIVE “side by side” screenshots of NBN News during the local news window tonight (using “picture in picture” on my telly).

Central Coast is on the left (which for some reason tonight is missing the watermark) and Newcastle is on the right.

Central Coast does not get many OTS graphics in comparison to Newcastle.

And note in the bottom image, Central Coast has already gone to “Coming Up” vision by the time that the “Coming Up” graphic precedes the same vision in Newcastle has appeared.

Sorry about the quality of the caps (taken with this iPads camera).

3 Likes

1 Like

Nope…video ain’t playing for me.

3 Likes

Ain’t a video, it’s a screenshot.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Appears Spintel are selling NBN.

Nice logo rip off. Sooner Nine complete the rebrand, the better.

10 Likes

Perhaps NBN Television no longer holds the trademark to that old logo? Afterall, it hasn’t been used for over two decades now.

Either way, good pick-up! :wink:

3 Likes