Nine (NBN)

Are NBN keeping 9NBN under wraps until tomorrow or are we being fooled?

3 Likes

considering staffers have told me its title is 9NBN…

Did anyone record this segment about the new channels on NBN News this evening?

I think some have been reading too much into it.
From what I understand, the NBN logo and news logo won’t be touched. The only change will be the addition having ‘9’ added to the ‘on NBN’ voice over (to tie it in with the new multi-channel branding).

1 Like

Usually I’d agree, but I really do wonder what that tiny “NBN” watermark (as briefly shown on Today this morning) was all about…

1 Like

The 9 was put in the thread title to early now its jinxed. :laughing:

1 Like

I’m interested in the HD component, couldn’t give a shit about the SD[quote=“chuck, post:209, topic:208”]
The 9 was put in the thread title to early now its jinxed. :laughing:
[/quote]

how? Multiple staffers have confirmed it is 9NBN. As the thread title says.

9nbn.com.au was registered 2 weeks ago by One80 Digital

Combined with the info shown here from NBN’s voiceover artist, it’s a pretty safe bet NBN will be 9NBN tomorrow, at least by name. Who knows what they will use in their on-air presentation, perhaps the current logo expresses 9NBN enough as it is?

1 Like

Just joking mate, You really feeling the pressure. :slightly_smiling: Until it changes its still NBN.

nope. No pressure.

I’m back at work tomorrow after 11 weeks off and I can’t bloody wait… so won’t be around to see much of it at all! :smiley:

2 Likes

I guess the current dotty NBN logo has always kind of expressed 9NBN.

And it’s interesting to note that the “Registrant Contact” in that info is Laurence Schuberth.

As many of you are probably aware of, there’s a Laurence Schuberth who does a lot of online/creative stuff at NBN, along with the composing of all the unique music that NBN uses…

On a lighter note NBN just showed a The Farmer Wants A Wife promo saying it was next… oops.

1 Like
1 Like

The simple fact of the matter is that for the past year especially, NBN (Television) has been bashed and thrashed around the head by the government and its infinite wisdom of calling the broadband the “NBN.” NBN TV has been on a hiding to nothing since.

They simply HAVE to change their name to remain relevant. Ask anyone outside of the area what NBN is, and despite having a 54 year advantage, not many would say “a Newcastle-based television network.”

Times are a-changing and NBN TV has to adapt.

I believe 9NBN is the right call - for now. But, sooner or later, they are going to have to lose the “NBN” part. My preference would be sooner.

2 Likes

At least NBNco changed their logo from the original that even used the same font!

10 Likes

Oh, I completely agree.

Even despite being around for 54 years, I daresay that the majority of the Australian population would be more likely to associate the letters NBN with the National Broadband Network rather than the Newcastle-based TV network.

Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if NBN Television becomes “Nine Northern NSW” (or something similar) within the next couple of years. For most intents and purposes, the capital city stations like TCN and GTV don’t really exist anymore - they’re presented to the audience as Channel Nine Sydney, Channel Nine Melbourne and so on. The same will probably happen to NBN.

I remember only knowing what NBN was back in the early 90’s because you would always see NBN banners at the Knights games and the tv guides would show a Knights match only on NBN. I thought how lucky they are in NBN land. I hope 9 buys out WIN one day soon.

2 Likes

Even if NBN becomes Nine Northern NSW it’s call sign will always be NBN.

1 Like