Nine Entertainment Co

That’s true.

92!

3 Likes

Far out, as much as he’s annoying with a lot of the decisions with WIN, it’s kind of impressive that he is still doing so much hands on type stuff with all of this at that age. Just googled out of interest too and saw that Rupert is also 89, similar for him.

The worrying thing is though that they need to make sure the succession plan is fully in place for when something happens which can happen very quickly, something we found last week when my Grandfather passed away in less than a day aged 93 (he would have been 94 yesterday) - was perfectly healthy and doing great, just woke up feeling a little off and drifted off to sleep that arvo so it can all come with no notice and out of the blue if Rupert and Bruce are still so invested in their companies.

2 Likes

Andrew Gordon his son is executive chairman of WIN and Genevieve Gordon his daughter is on the board. I think the succession is sorted.

2 Likes

Seriously…?

3 Likes

Yep :grimacing:

He would definitely have his personal and work affairs in-order by now. There would be a whole procedure of who will run WIN and how the ownership will be handled.

Very sorry about your loss!

2 Likes

Bruce Gordon has told the SMH that he wants his private company Birketu to have a seat on the Nine Ent board.

The photo used in this story has been heavily recycled over the years.

5 Likes

That photo is somewhat ancient now.

2 Likes

Close to 20 years old but a good one!

1 Like

Maybe the Nine board don’t want to hear their on-screen branding is too subtle! :wink:

1 Like

Not quite as ancient as Bruce is now… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes
2 Likes

I wonder if this will have any effect on SBS Viceland.

1 Like

As the article says, the deal will have no effect on SBS Viceland.

Shows I do need to click through to the articles sometimes :man_facepalming::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
2 Likes

The seat will be filled by Andrew Lancaster (WIN’s Chief Executive)

Solid watermarks incoming!

Now I imagine he might, at every board meeting, push to merge with/acquire WIN.
If he does, talk about a conflict of interest.

It’s not like the board aren’t aware of that conflict. They’d know if he’s playing at something.

6 Likes