Nine Cricket Coverage

Nine has been posting match highlights from the women’s T20 World Cup on its YouTube channel. But with the tournament over, Nine has deleted all the videos. ICC regulations?

I think last night’s ratings vindicate Nine’s decision to schedule the women’s T20 World Cup Final on 9Gem while retaining Married At First Sight (as much as I personally hate that show) on the main channel.

The cricket got good ratings, MAFS got good (even if down due to it being “public holiday eve” in a couple of states) ratings and Nine absolutely smashed the so-called “competition” on the other networks - 9Gem was only 0.1% behind Seven’s main channel between 6pm & midnight on Sunday March 8, 2020!

3 Likes

In regional areas Nine and 9Gem led, with Seven third. All the other channels were a long way behind.

2 Likes

Are they meaning because of perception? As in the main channel is seen as prestigious compared to a secondary channel? Maybe made worse by the fact a trashy reality show (although a top rater and important for Nine financially) was airing on it?

Bless their heart!

Anyone got access to the Megan Hustwaite opinion piece today (on Newscorp sites) in response to this?

Mediaweek has a good summary of the opinion piece.

It also shows how afraid of taking a risk the commercial networks are becoming when it comes to the ratings

Don’t be patronising

5 Likes

Yes Sir :man_teacher:

Is it true that Foxtel are broadcast the tour of England this year, that is ridiculous, I hope it is on Channel 9, but if it is on Foxtel, I will run a protest.

1 Like

I’d go with a change.org petition - that’d show them for sure.

2 Likes

I wondered what was doing with the ODI series in England. Looks like i will be watching on my computer

1 Like

If the 2020 ODIs are apparently on Fox then the maybe the 2023 Ashes are on Fox, or maybe the webpage I was reading was lying to me. Do you know the broadcaster?

There is no confirmed broadcaster. Heck, there’s going to a lot of rejigging to schedules and businesses as a result of Covid-19 so there’s a lot of water to go under the bridge first.

What happens if this coronavirus happens at the same time every year???

I am not a doctor.

3 Likes

Phil Rothfield in The Sunday Telegraph is claiming there is a strong possibility that the T20 World Cup could be postponed until February due to the current COVID-19 ban on incoming visitors to Australia. It appears that the organisers hope the ban could be lifted by then.

4 Likes

Nine will possibly save some money now?

Nah it will only be postponed

2 Likes
3 Likes