Newshub

Rugby League World Cup replays.

4 Likes

@OnAir @TV4 @nztv @NaruTVMock @NuStraya @greenpea Some of you may or may not have noticed that, as the Monday edition of Newshub Late drew to a close, Ingrid Hipkiss signed off by wishing me a very happy birthday. It was a friendly message from the Newshub team and the management and staff at Warner Bros. Discovery NZ, which owns and operates Three and Newshub. And I thanked them for allowing Newshub Late to play the music and close the programme.

I missed that night’s edition on Three either because of other commitments or problems with Three’s broadcast signal over the satellite, so I went to ThreeNow and watched the last few moments of the programme there.

9 Likes

How nice of them to do that. Happy birthday for yesterday Paddy

3 Likes

Thanks, @nztv.

1 Like

If no one else is able I’ll try get the clip for you tomorrow Paddy if I can.

3 Likes

@OnAir Thanks! Due to copyright restrictions, the music contained in Newshub Late’s weather segment cannot be uploaded to YouTube, although, as I said earlier, I thanked Ingrid Hipkiss and all the team from Newshub for closing the programme by wishing a happy birthday to me as a brief message.

1 Like

@PaddyTePou

7 Likes

Interesting to see a new long form current affairs show on Three with Paddy Gower hosting

3 Likes

:eyes:

6 Likes

Hopefully Newshub will be a better service provider then the combined TVNZ, RNZ news output. Three presenters, are certainly better then 1. Much looking forward to January relaunch, hopeful for Three revamp too.

Probably just going to use the green screen studio in addition to its main news coverage and set for specials and long form stories maybe

Im still wondering if they will break away from the age old holding big stories till 6pm. Its so archaic

Well, it is and it isn’t. If they’re confident it’s an exclusive not going to break elsewhere before 6pm then leading with it at 6pm gives it the maximum exposure. There’s not much point chucking it online at 2pm and it being old news by 6pm or having to re-report your own story at 6.

5 Likes

Problem is they have a loyal audience but that audience doesnt compare with 1news unfortunately. If they break it at 6pm, theres nothing stopping 1news from then picking it up in the morning and running with it throughout the day culminating in a big story that doesnt need to reference that it broke on newshub

1 Like

Is this “Real Estate speak” for web updates delivered from a broom cupboard?

1 Like

I wonder if they will use the old AM Show studio for virtual sets.

My understanding is it may be the old AM show studio space.

5 Likes

So the regular set will stay the same and they will repurpose the old studio?

1 Like

Seems right, wouldnt make sense to move to a virtual set after the investment they put into the changes seen in feb this year.

Though excited to see what comes of the virtual set, and just how virtual it will be

5 Likes

Tonight’s 6pm bulletin will start at approx 6:15pm due to RWC2021 semi final coverage between Canada-England.

6 Likes
5 Likes