Newshub

Says at the bottom of the Newshub article “Wright will continue to present Newshub Live at 8pm weekdays on eden” but I hear it rates pretty disastrously …

2 Likes

I think this tweet will turn out to be bang on the money.

5 Likes

I heard she will still host the 8pm bulletin as usual.

3 Likes

Does Nation go out live or is it recorded? Because if it is live then I definitely can’t see Rebecca doing 8pm five nights a week and then Nation on a Saturday. But if it’s pre-recorded on a Friday then it might be doable. Though I suspect ultimately she’ll just do 8pm two or three nights a week.

1 Like

@NuStraya Newshub Nation goes to air live at 9.30am every Saturday morning and, for the benefit of the deaf and hard-of-hearing, is repeated with captions on Sundays (at 10am) and again on Tuesdays (at around 11.35pm, right after The Hui).

I was informed by NZ TV Update via Twitter that Warner Bros. Discovery NZ, which owns Three and Newshub, is making changes in 2023. To cut costs, the company had decided to focus more on reality television than news and current affairs. From my point of view, “Life needs more reality!” is a pun on catchphrases used by Sky (“Life needs more Sky”) and Sky Sport respectively (“Life needs more sport”).

It does mean that, due to cost-cutting, AM Early (which screens on Three at 5.30am every weekday) and Newshub’s 8pm bulletin on eden will not be returning next year and that decisions on whether or not to have the 11.30am and 4.30pm bulletins returned in 2023 are yet to be confirmed.

1 Like

Warner Bros Discovery could very well trim the fat but I wouldn’t take NZ TV Update too seriously. seems like just his/her opinion.

2 Likes

Agreed. Me personally I cant see them trimming all 3 bulletins or cutting them all outright.

In my opinion 11.30am would be the one to cut

1 Like

With the 11.30am bulletin removed from the schedule permanently, how are the news junkies going to get their fix during the day - especially at lunchtime?

With AM Early gone, how are the early risers going to watch the early morning news on television in 2023? In Australia, the Seven and Nine Networks schedule their morning bulletins at 5am ahead of their respective breakfast programmes.

And I was so glad that Newshub had introduced an 8pm bulletin on eden. For busy viewers, unable to catch the 6pm news, I personally thought the 8pm bulletin would provide them with fresh live reports and updates on the day’s events from the Newshub team. But now, Newshub at 8pm gets the chop and will not be returning next year.

1 Like

Internet

Probably get it from the internet

Probably did, but now they’ll have to watch the late news, or go on the internet.

5 Likes

Internet has been a thing in recent years. Streaming has evolved a lot. Future looks different.

3 Likes

yeah I think it’ll really take off.

1 Like

I cant see it happening

They could always repeat am early from 5.30am and just replay at 11.30am

6 hour old news? No.

4 Likes

Oriini Kaipara has hit back at a local viewer who repeatedly complained to Newshub about her moko kauae.

9 Likes

Christ, what a w@nker that guy is. Why does he even care about Oriini’s moko? Just switch the channel if it bothers you that much. God, small minds annoy the life out of me.

6 Likes

Mitch McCann appointed as US Correspondent for Newshub. Awesome.

8 Likes

Cracking appointment. Destined to become their future 6pm anchor imo.

6 Likes
4 Likes

That’s awesome and good on newshub for giving him this role, he’s definitely a great on air talent, and I was sad to see he was leaving, so this is a good keep for him and vice versa

3 Likes