Newshub

Has The Project updated the set colours and backgrounds? Noticed in tonight’s promo…

2 Likes

This was Friday’s promo

2 Likes

I’d say they have moved to the winter backdrop

1 Like

They should update to the current Australian graphics package. This has dated a lot.

6 Likes

Yep, it really stood out last week when they crossed to the studio across the Tasman.

1 Like

Just saw a new promo with their Because it matters series. This in regards of “Clickbait” and saw a familiar cap in the middle.

4 Likes

(15/6/2019) Susie Nordqvist and Michael Morrah are presenting Newshub Live at 6pm tonight. Emma Brannam is presenting weather.

2 Likes

Interesting that sports reporter Ollie Ritchie filed a political story tonight.

1 Like

There was no graphics on the Newshub Live at 4pm preview

And the intro there was a sweeping shot of the studio and straight to the first story versus the usual newsroom backdrop intro and a rundown of the headlines.

2 Likes

The Newsroom had a forced upgrade of VIZ which ran into a few issues which I believe have been fixed, this also caused the AM show to use some of their printed backdrops instead of the video loops.

3 Likes

It may have started tonight but the 6pm team (Mike and Melissa tonight) are doing the evening updates/top stories rather than the Newshub late presenter, they also mention the late bulletin being on at 10:30pm.

1 Like

Noticed this last week too.

When the new update style started they started having the 6pm team do the first 2 evening updates so they are more up to date then partway though the evening the late team come and record their updates. They have always stated when Newshub late starts as far back as I can remember.

1 Like

Carly Flynn hosting Newshub Late tonight.

6 Likes

She should be given a permanent gig tbh - possibly the 4pm news. Great talent who’s been loyal to Mediaworks despite being tossed around along the year.

5 Likes

Great to see Carly Flynn back behind the newsdesk. You are right @Korero a permanent gig for Carly Flynn at newshub right away!

It would be good if she job shared with Sacha McNeil on the late bulletin.

3 Likes

Maybe but she posted on Instagram when her Radio Live show was axed “one more week of work to go before holidays and the new job hunt / direction begins”

I’d love to see her take over Newshub Late, or maybe weather on 6pm when Ingrid finally gets to take over from Amanda on AM. Ha ha

2 Likes

I’d want Gillies and Garner to anchor the show together, with Carly reading the news. At least then there would be some balance. I can’t stand AM now. It drills in so much opinion and editorial-based discussion that I’ve just made the switch to Morning Report.

1 Like

As an aside, I always felt (while the move was a cost saving one) TV3 canned Sunrise with Carly and Oliver a few months too early. They had just started to hit their stride after the mismatch with her and Coleman. And a few months later the Pippa/Paul convo would be split up!

1 Like

So True @OnAir. There was a great chemistry with the sunrise team and Oliver Driver was a good addition for the show, James Coleman wasn’t a great choice in the first place.

2 Likes