News Breakfast

@nationalnews At end of this morning’s show Michael thanked Georgie for stepping in today and she will be back on Friday filling in for him while he is away.

4 Likes

News Breakfast is in a fortunate position in that they got 3 really good presenters (Paul Kennedy, Madeleine Morris & Georgie) who can fill in for either Michael or Lisa and the show doesn’t miss a beat

6 Likes

and also Ben Knight (Senior Reporter) as he filled in for Micheal a few months earlier.

4 Likes

Screenshot_20200924-161815~2

4 Likes

Screenshot_20200925-075342~2

7 Likes

Nice SFX

6 Likes

Gemma Veness will be co-hosting Weekend Breakfast with Fauziah this weekend.

3 Likes

5 Likes

I noticed this area never gets used. I’m assuming this set is from Insiders?

2 Likes

Georgie did a great job co-hosting with Lisa this week, Michael will be returning on Monday.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s the Insiders lounge area. You can see how it connects to the Breakfast lounge set to the left here:

You can also see the Insider’s single screen set in TV.Cynic’s post about the video tweet 5 posts up. It sits across from the news desk.

4 Likes

Is there a reason why ABC News Breakfast does not use the Insiders set and furniture?

2 Likes

That camera angle must be programmed into the system. This morning

5 Likes

My only guess would be they want to differentiate the brands, but given the Insiders and News Breakfast soft sets are so similar in design and aesthetic, I’m not confident that is the case. Interesting they didn’t share a set for these two programs and keep an original set for The World like they used to have prior to this relaunch,

1 Like

Later on ABC News

8 Likes

Any point to this setup this morning?

Georgie Tunny is filling in for Nate Byrne for a few days.

3 Likes

Kathryn Robinson will be back hosting Weekend Breakfast with Fauziah this weekend.

2 Likes

Lisa’s on holidays next week.

3 Likes

Monday (12.10.2020) - Friday (16.10.2020): Madeline Morris is co-hosting with Michael this week.

Georgie Tunny did Monday weather, with Nate returning on Tuesday.

2 Likes