News Breakfast

Another co-host for Michael this week with Ali Moore co-hosting this week.
Vanessa returned from holidays this morning.

1 Like

The best thing about daylight savings is that I get to watch News Breakfast from 5am on ABC News 24.

Great to see Ali Moore back on our TVs. One of the all-time best television presenters. Here’s hoping she sticks around on our local screens.

4 Likes

Must been 15 years since I have seen Ali on a morning show!

1 Like

Apparently she was hosting Today for the 9/11 Attack. Ali was great yesterday.

1 Like

No not apparently, she was hosting Today for the 9/11 Attack. And on many other occasions.

1 Like

Virginia said on twitter she is returning next week.

1 Like

Apparently means as far as one knows. TBH, I wasn’t watching TODAY when the 9/11 Attacks occurred. Where I found the information was on Wikipedia and we all know how reliable that is! :slight_smile: So, I said apparently because I did not know - it was from an additional source.

Will be good to have her back.

1 Like

Now you know for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ali Moore still hosting with Michael,Virginia is suppose to return sometime this week.

Edit-Virginia is returning tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

Ali Moore is back co-hosting with Michael today.

2 Likes

Looks like Vanessa O’Hanlon is departing from News Breakfast.

3 Likes

Where is she going?

It hasn’t been mentioned as yet what the next challenge will be she did say she will enjoy sleeping in for the next few months then move to her next challenge.

This Friday News Breakfast celebrates it’s 8th birthday.

2 Likes

I do wonder if one of the commercial networks has looked at poaching her. I really liker her. She has come a long way from presenting traffic updates on 10’s 5pm bulletin in Melbourne. @Salty

3 Likes

Just saw Virginia’s tweet :cry:

Well done on a stellar 8 years at the ABC Vanessa, through all the major news and weather events, including the launch of ABC News 24 where you had even more of a work load.

I remember late 2008, was a changing time for the ABC!

She was at the Australian Traffic Network for much of the 2000s.

2 Likes

And on Mix 101.1 before that I believe.

Sad to see Vanessa leaving, because it also means there will be no fill-in for Paul Higgins on the 7pm Victorian bulletin when he is on leave.

2 Likes

Guy Stayner filled in recently.

Its most likely whoever replaces Vanessa will also become Paul’s fill in on 7pm bulletin.