News Breakfast

2 Likes

James Glenday will be filling in for Michael next week.

Michael will be away for a couple of weeks he said “l’m heading off to the States for a couple of things”

6 Likes

Ashlynne McGhee has joined the team in the studio presenting Finance for a month.

2 Likes

Perhaps he will film stories for Foreign Correspondent and Planet America while over in USA?

2 Likes

Did anyone catch Tony’s weather segment this morning and can upload?

Did you mean this one?

1 Like

Monday 18 July-

James Glenday is hosting with Stephanie Ferrier this morning.

James is filling in for Michael again this week.

4 Likes

Thursday 21 July -

Annie Kearney is presenting weather this morning.

Next week -

Michael Rowland is returning on Monday and will be hosting with Catherine Murphy, Lisa will be on holidays.

4 Likes

So by the time Lisa comes back, her and Michael will not have been on-air together for 6 weeks? That’s a long time to have your main hosts separated.

2 Likes

This is just how Breakfast does it, every shcmo gets a go.

ABC Melbourne doesn’t give a rats about consistency. You just have to look at the presenters thread for the 7pm news every night. It’s like 3 different people a week.

I prefer it to their absence overlapping. Particularly with Madeleine off, none of the fill-ins are really strong enough to carry the show. Maybe Isk.

On Friday, Lisa said, “With Michael back, I’m going to take my break.” So, I think they are more conscious of it than they used to be.

4 Likes

Just as long as it’s not Shco Mo. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Wednesday 27 July -

Annie Kearney is presenting sport this morning.

2 Likes

Not too sure about the woman co-hosting with Michael this morning (I don’t know her name as I don’t usually watch News Breakfast). She has an incredibly intense presenting style.

It would’ve been Catherine Murphy I believe.

Next week -

Nour Haydar presenting with Michael. Nadia Daly on finance.

1 Like

Nour Haydar will be hosting with Michael for two weeks starting from Monday 8 August.

3 Likes

Would love someone to do a count of how many days a year this show has its full regular cast.

6 Likes

Thursday 4 August

Iskhandar Razak is hosting with Catherine Murphy this morning.

4 Likes