News Breakfast

Paul basically just said they’ll be in their new studio March 13.

2 Likes

###Nate Byrne reports to ABC News Breakfast

Meteorologist and Royal Australian Navy Lieutenant Nate Byrne will join the ABC News Breakfast line-up, taking on the role of Weather Presenter from Monday, 13 March.

With a dynamic onscreen presence and a genuine passion for science, Nate brings vast and varied experience and unique skills to the program. In addition to his Master of Science Communication Outreach and 12 years experience working as a meteorologist and oceanographer in the navy, Nate was a scholar of the Shell Questacon Science Circus and toured the country delivering science shows to outback communities across Australia.

Nate Byrne, Weather Presenter, ABC News Breakfast says, “I’m really looking forward to joining the team at ABC News Breakfast and communicating the science behind climate phenomena to viewers. People often tell me that they are interested in the weather, but that they don’t really understand it - just what is a cold front? I’m excited to get the opportunity to explain what is really driving a drought or causing a flood alongside the daily weather outlook.”

2 Likes

Seems like a good choice… hopefully they can get him out and about more.

Has he had any presenting experience?

1 Like

I honestly think they should give Tim Bailey a shot

ABC News Breakfast to have all female “line-up”.

1 Like

This weeks team

Next week for the final week from Sydney studio Michael Rowland co-hosting with Del Irani

1 Like

Same set will be in the new studio, though it will be rejigged a tad.

3 Likes

Oh and in HD.

2 Likes

You mean for the new Melbourne studio? So they’re moving to a new multipurpose set which is identical to the last?

Yep. New studio, same set with some minor modifications.

5 Likes

Danke

So, guessing those tweaks will be to bring it in line with the rest of ABC News’ relaunch. Hype

2 Likes

Waste of an opportunity.

2 Likes

I suppose they want to keep it all consistent.

Not exactly surprising. It’s not like the ABC can throw money at new sets left right and centre at the moment. My guess is that the most significant changes will be the state sets and ABC News 24’s set receiving updated panelling.

1 Like

I agree. Thankfully, the current ABC News sets are basic/screen-dependent enough (unlike the 2005-look sets which clashed so badly on-air with the 2010-era graphics) that they just might be able to hold up OK for another three years with only minor modifications.

Which explains why they presented from Weekend Breakfast’s set this morning.

No, they’ve been in Sydney using the 7pm set. I’m not sure why they were in 24s studio today.

1 Like

9 Likes

Looks much bigger, but not many changes.