New Zealand TV

They air MKR, Lego, Married there… maybe Masterchef and House Rules? Not sure

But if there is a taste for those shows in NZ wouldn’t there be a taste for BB?

@OnAir

Yeah all of those shows air here, in prime time or late afternoon, The Block and Survivor Australia too.

Big Brother a little different in that it’s a crusty old format that only really did well in the ratings here in its first couple of seasons. By around 2006 TVNZ didn’t even bother to pick it up and left it for Prime who played it at midday weekdays.

Like I say, not out of the question but would probably only be an emergency replacement.

Three released a promo for Big Brother yesterday… https://www.facebook.com/ThreeNewZealand/videos/716182382531703/

For others like me, who can’t see the above promo cause Three’s FB page seems to be geoblocked - here’s the promo on their Instagram account.

Haha, so Three is airing it after all. Seemed weird someone wouldn’t pick it up in NZ

Haha my apologies @KICK-IT! I am stunned.

Caps and videos

7 Likes

I was surprised to hear English here. It’s been a while since I’ve seen a Te Ao bulletin on NITV here in Australia, but I thought it was exclusively in Maori.

However it would be good for people like me who don’t speak Te Reo to get Maori news we wouldn’t usually see on the main bulletins

3 Likes

I think BB will start on Three after Lego Masters finishes in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

Cheers for the caps and video. Its good to see an alternative to the two commercial breakfast shows. Hope it continues to grow overtime. I would of picked the name Morena or Morena Aotearoa but that’s just my opinion.

2 Likes

Here is one of the news updates

4 Likes

Do you know where these and their news service are broadcast from?

From their studio and newsroom in East Tamaki a suburb in South Auckland
Time lapse of the building construction at link below

3 Likes

Thanks for that! I would’ve thought they would’ve joined an existing studio or newsroom, so it’s surprising but good to hear they have their own facilities.

1 Like

Love the timestamp & date… shows they’ve put effort into it.

1 Like

These hourly updates remind me of what 3 News used to do many many years ago.

2 Likes

MediaWorks, which owns television and radio assets, including TV station Three and radio brands The Edge and The Rock, says since year end, negotiations are underway with parties who have expressed an interest in buying the business.

1 Like

The current season of Big Brother Australia will premiere on Three on Sunday, June 28 and continue on Monday and Tuesday nights.

1 Like

New Backdrop for Tapatahi

7 Likes

One of the best looking sets in NZ IMO

1 Like