New Zealand TV

Rush and Eden have now started their programming

5 Likes

What are their water marks like?

It seems the Choice signal has become eden+1 (still using the Kordia/JDA mux). eden & Rush are on Disco’s mux.

My c2009 Dick Smith STB decided to chuck Choice (it still insisted on calling it that) on Channel 803 and it ignored every other change. Had to do a rescan. Sony Bravia TV, a little younger but not by much, peppered the new channels wherever it could (I don’t run the standard Freeview LCN order). Wasted 20 minutes putting everything back where it should be!

Mux Bouquets as of 21/3/2022:

Ch 28/29 (World TV, some call it Kordia 2):
Al Jazeera, Hope, Shine, RNZ National, HGTV

Ch 30/31 (Sky TV):
Not broadcasting

Ch 32/33 (Discovery):
+HR=E, +HR=E+1, Bravo, Bravo plus 1, Rush, Eden

Ch 34/35 (TVNZ):
TVNZ1, TVNZ2, TVNZ1 +1, TVNZ2 +1, Info Channel (datacast for tuning help, try LCN 500 or 600, can’t remember), TVNZ Duke, TVNZ Duke +1)

Ch 36/37 (Kordia/JDA):
Parliament TV, TV 28 (Chinese TV), Prime, RNZ Concert, Firstlight, Ch200, Test Channel (audio is Prime, no picture, been like that for 2 or more years), C33 (Kordia Tx’s only, I believe), eden +1

Ch 38/39 (MTS):
Maori TV, Te Reo, Test Service 1 (blank screen)

I don’t have any regional channels where i live, but when I did, they used the Kordia/JDA mux… but that may differ depending on where you live and how many are still broadcasting. There’s also Mainland TV (Ch 26/27) in Nelson/Tasman, and 45 South TV in Oamaru (Ch 34/35).

*In Auckland, the WTV and TVNZ muxes broadcast on the opposite channels. No idea why, they just do).

1 Like

A mini montage of the On Air Package for Eden and Rush

5 Likes

Is Rush in HD?

It is definitely SD.

1 Like

Ok it’s weird that the Freeview TVGuide says HD.

Might be where I am, it could change but my recording is definitely SD. I’ll have to check on another Freeview TV. Hmm :thinking:

Edit: Just checked it might be my recording method looks HD on the TV.

3 Likes

Cheers for confirming, Discovery made no mention of it being in HD, just only with Eden.

3 Likes

@OnAir @Michael_Eccles @LiamP @TV3_NZ @Kathryn_Milin @Biscuit45 @McMuffinMan17 @TV4 @nztv @Horomono In case you missed a recent edition of Three’s award-winning current affairs programme “The Hui”, which was streamed live on the Newshub website and Facebook (on the evening of Monday 21 March 2022), here’s a chance to see my television interview.

15 Likes

On ya Paddy!

5 Likes
4 Likes

Since announcement of a RNZ-TVNZ merger will TVNZ channels return to equal 50/50 programmes before 1987 whereas TV One is foucused at older age group favouring British productions while TV2 favouring general entertainment with bulk of American and Australian programming, Children programming and Movies aimed at the youth audience, when RNZ-TVNZ merged I am thinking at 1 would be focused on mix of general entertainment and highbrow programming with some non commercial days, whereas 2 would be more of the same but would remain commercially oriented

1 Like

Strange to see a “1” next to the TVNZ1 screenbug :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

Might be part of the 1 News watermark?

3 Likes

I just noticed that Māori Television on Monday updated their graphics for their Te Ao news programmes

11 Likes

They look very nice, an improvement on the older graphics

5 Likes

Spark’s deal also includes Australia national team fixtures, excluding the Diamond’s matches against the New Zealand Silver Ferns.

2 Likes

Would it be a blow for SKY TV?

Maori Television has introduced a new screenbug, likely debuted yesterday:

4 Likes