New Zealand TV

Delta Goodrem’s fourth annual Christmas special premieres on TVNZ 2 on Christmas Eve (Sunday) at 12.25pm, one week after the Australian broadcast.

Ahead of the premiere, TVNZ 2 will repeat last year’s show this Sunday (December 17) at 12.45pm.

Also this Sunday, TVNZ 1 will have the NZ FTA premiere of documentary John Farnham: Finding the Voice at 8.30pm.

1 Like

:rotating_light:: Three rebrand has begun, on screen bug has changed

11 Likes

It’s interesting how they’ve injected purple into it, kinda poaching the colour from TV2!

2 Likes

This could probably win the award for the slowest rollout of a rebrand ever. This updated logo has been used since September!

1 Like

You can see the difference in watermark size with this comparison that was on AM this morning.

7 Likes

ABC history series Further Back in Time for Dinner will be shown on Sky Open from Wednesday, December 27 at 7.30pm.

TVNZ+ will stream season 2 of Stan/BBC drama The Tourist from January 1, 2024, one day before its Australian premiere. It was reported during the week that Netflix has secured both seasons of The Tourist for territories outside the UK.

1 Like

I think Nine takes that cake - this flat logo has been used seldom the entire year!

1 Like

Have you looked at plus1? I think they forgot about it?

2 Likes

Yep still the same one haha. Old v New

5 Likes

they should just change it back, new one looks awful imo. Or they could at least have the purple box and the programme classification on the screen for the same amount of time

Final edition of The South Today news show aired tonight.

4 Likes

The entire first season of Shortland St has been uploaded to Youtube

(35) Shortland Street - YouTube

4 Likes

Bit of a shame for the region really. Although I’m sure in the past few years it would’ve only hung on while the NZ On Air funding held on - and next year’s funding, on top of being smaller, is for those shorter reports that’ll go on the likes of the ODT’s site - and definitely not for keeping the TV side of it going.

In a way, it’s a surprise it not only held on in Dunedin for a quarter century, but also managed to spread to Invercargill after Cue TV wound up (39 got turned off there earlier this month). But the times, they are a changing, as I’m sure they are for the rest of Allied Press’ businesses.

4 Likes

Hope there’s major changes and rebranding on air, much needed!

Looks like that TVNZ 2 is abandoning its afternoon children’s programming this holidays for a re-run of reality programming that aired thought the last year. TVNZ 2 aired its afternoon children’s slot for nearly 37 years, it will be the first time since 1986 where no children’s programming been broadcast in the afternoons on 2. Through the 1980s TV One used to be home of main TVNZ children’s programming.

3 Likes

Kids aren’t watching linear TV. It’s a hard one for TVNZ2

2 Likes

Your reasoning is why that The Feed and Brain Busters are only moving online to TVNZ+ next year and TVNZ 2 should ditch Children’s programming in the morning’s too and replace with simulcast of TVNZ Breakfast or re runs of shows that first aired on TVNZ 1.

1 Like

You are probably right there. All the kids I know go straight onto their tablets/game consoles and watch YouTube/Netflix or play Fortnite/■■■■■■.

I watch Netflix and Disney+ so that nz tv is so much shit

1 Like

The Auckland New Year Fireworks aren’t in the schedule for TVNZ tonight. They’ve done them for the last few years (maybe close to a decade)? Maybe they just haven’t blocked out a schedule for them, as sometimes they’ve interrupted programmes for them…or maybe they’re not showing them.