New Zealand TV

Jono & Ben’s Comeback Special

Melody Rules reboot

Bridge’s on Bridges (presented by John Bridges, an expansion of the Ice TV classic)

Snatch my Booty reboot (to lead into the 6pm news)

and seven minute ad-breaks

1 Like

Is there a press-release or something? would love to take a look at the new content

Ahahaha had forgotten about this show.

1 Like

What?

I’d say there would be something later today but I dont know about the distribution

NEW MAGIC TALK STATION IS REVEALED WITH PETER WILLIAMS IN LINEUP, NEW ROCK DRIVE DUO OF JAY & DUNC,

Coinciding with the final GfK Total New Zealand Commercial Radio Survey results of 2018, MediaWorks has today revealed the look of new Magic Talk station as well as announcing broadcaster Peter Williams’ return to radio. At Drive time, The Rock has announced a new duo of Jay Reeve and Duncan Heyde while MediaWorks continues to be the home of the 25-54 demo with six of the top seven music stations nationwide by share + with The Rock, More FM, The Breeze, The Sound, The Edge and Mai FM.

Nice get Mediaworks!

1 Like

Yes Peter is an excellent broadcaster… smart, well read and a nice guy in real life

Dancing with the Stars NZ

Following a successful 2018 season, Dancing with the Stars NZ will be returning next year, with Dai Henwood and Sharyn Casey reuniting as hosts.

Straight off the back of winning Best Presenter: News and Current Affairs at the Huawei Mate20 New Zealand Television Awards for the second consecutive year, Mike McRoberts will be stepping out from behind the desk and trading his tie for sequins in 2019.

Joining Mike is Matilda Rice who won the heart of New Zealand’s first ever Bachelor Art Green in 2015, as well as winning the hearts of the nation.

The Block NZ: Firehouse

New Zealand’s favourite reality show goes to new heights in 2019 in The Block NZ: Firehouse when four brand new teams of reno-wannabes will be tasked with making over high-end apartments in a coveted inner city Auckland location.

The Block NZ veterans Mark Richardson and Shelley Ferguson will return to host the highly anticipated eighth season of the reno juggernaut next year. Casting is now open for the show’s eighth season and you can apply here.

Married at First Sight NZ

It’s the show that New Zealand can’t get enough of! Married At First Sight NZ will return for a third season as 12 new Kiwis take part in the ultimate social experiment to find love. Participants can apply to be on the show here.

Patrick Gower: On Weed

A two-part documentary led by Newshub’s Patrick Gower will explore the pros and cons of legalising marijuana for both medicinal and recreational use.

The dope smoking cliches have been well explored in New Zealand but what is around the corner is exciting, challenging and fresh. Paddy will explore this untapped billion-dollar industry and viewers will see Paddy like he’s never been seen before - unchained, taking an eccentric, quirky and personal deep dive into the world of medical marijuana and the prospects for big business. Topical and fascinating, don’t miss this TV high of the year.

Patrick Gower: On Weed will be part of the Three Event series in 2019.

Jonah

In the build-up to the 2019 Rugby World Cup, this two-part mini-series based on All Black legend Jonah Lomu will be screening on Three next year.

The drama will showcase the phenomenal life of the boy from Tonga and New Zealand who took the rugby world by storm as he became the youngest ever All Black at the age of 19. Jonah would go on to become the first global superstar of the sport, leaving a legacy of sporting excellence in his trail.

Jonah will be played by Mosese Veaila, a 21-year-old hailing from Auckland, who just last week finished his final year at New Zealand Drama School, Toi Whakaari.

Fish of the Day

Hosted by Clarke Gayford, this series will take you on a journey to stunning locations, introduce you to fascinating locals, and surround you with some of the world’s most amazing ocean ecology.

Clarke will travel from the tropical South Pacific to the icy islands before Antarctica, challenging himself to catch fish, learn about the species and location, and then unlock secret mouth-watering recipes for his Fish of the Day.

The Gulf

The highly anticipated new drama series will air next year. Starring Kate Elliot, Ido Drent, Jeffrey Thomas and Pana Hema-Taylor ( Westside ), this German-New Zealand co-production will be a gripping thriller set on Waiheke Island, combining crime, moral disintegration and three haunting cases.

Moving out with Kanoa

After a huge 2018 which saw her not only host The Project for its second consecutive year, but also present the recent Vodafone New Zealand Music Awards on Three, Kanoa Lloyd will also be fronting a new show in 2019 titled Moving out with Kanoa.

Moving house is one of life’s most stressful moments and this series will see Kanoa follow Kiwis as they make major life-changing decisions. With the cost of living rising, many New Zealanders are thinking outside of the box, putting lifestyle first and finding new ways and places to live in Aotearoa - whether that’s from the city to the provinces, urban to rural, to a tiny house, a boat or a house truck, Kanoa will be sharing these stories with the nation.

Comedy Pilot Week

Following the successful Comedy Pilot Week in 2018, any one of these comedies could be turned into a series to run next year. Stay tuned!

ABBA: Thank You for the Music, an All-Star Tribute

Celebrate music’s favourite Swedish supergroup in this highly-anticipated Three Event. This special two-hour television tribute will see all four members reunite – Agnetha Faltskog, Björn Ulvaeus, Benny Anderson and Anni-Frid Lyngstad.

The special will also unveil the band’s new song “I Still Have Faith In You”, sung by the virtual ABBA digital representation of the band circa 1979 and dubbed ‘ABBAtars’. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime event that promises to entertain Kiwi audiences with some ‘70s and ‘80s pop nostalgia with a contemporary twist.

International Shows

The Rookie: Starring Nathan Fillion, The Rookie is based on a gripping true story about a small-town American man called John Nolan, who, after a life-altering incident, is pursuing his dream of being a police officer.

Magnum P.I.: Three will be bringing you the remake of Magnum P.I., starring Jay Hernandez as an ex-Navy SEAL who returns home from Afghanistan and uses his military skills to become a private investigator in Hawaii.

America’s Got Talent: The Champions: The 25 biggest stars of international seasons of the hit reality competition come together in America’s Got Talent: The Champions. Featuring Susan Boyle, Paul Potts, and Kiwi act Tape Face, it will be a Got Talent season like no other. Judges Simon Cowell, Mel B, Heidi Klum and Howie Mandel return, along with new host Terry Crews.

Talking Married: For those wanting an extra fix of Married At First Sight Australia, keep up-to-date with the insider scoop. Airing once a week, Talking Married will bring fans exclusive interviews, gossip and extra content in a recap designed for those who just can’t get enough.

LEGO Masters Australia: From the producers of Married at First Sight Australia and Australian Ninja Warrior, LEGO Masters Australia will bring to life the universal appeal of LEGO and amplify it to create the biggest and funniest battle of the bricks. Hosted by Hamish Blake.

Married at First Sight Australia: Three will bring you another season of reality hit Married at First Sight Australia. The Aussie version of the ground-breaking experiment will see a new group of 20 participants agree to marry a complete stranger as matched by a panel of experts.

Australian Ninja Warrior: The toughest obstacle course in the world will return to NZ screens. The best and bravest athletes across the ditch will get the chance to claim the ultimate title of the first Australian Ninja Warrior.

The Graham Norton Show: Hot on the heels of the UK, Graham Norton presents a show focusing on the people, trends, stories and aspects of celebrity culture that interest him most, featuring big celebrity names and plenty of laughs.

Grand Designs UK: New episodes will be coming to NZ screens as host Kevin McCloud follows intrepid individuals trying to design and build their dream home. Ambitious, grand and fascinatingly addictive, this season will feature even more builds that will leave you awestruck.

America’s Got Talent: America has got more talent coming in 2019 in an attempt to find the very best America has offer. The hit reality competition will return with legendary judge Simon Cowell.

Modern Family: The critically acclaimed comedy will air its tenth season on Three. Lauded for revitalising the television sitcom, the award-winning Modern Family offers an honest and often-hilarious perspective of family life.

Tin Star: Tim Roth returns as Police Chief Jim Worth and alter-ego Jack Devlin in this British-Canadian drama series. After being left destroyed by the chaos that had followed Jim and his alcoholic alter ego from the UK, this this second season picks up where we left our unlikely hero, cut off in the remote Rockies wilderness with his grieving and shell-shocked family.

Considering that his co-host (Sam Hayes) won the competition this year, no pressure Mike…!

2 Likes

I see Comedy Central in NZ have either flagged their own feed and rely on Australia or just changed some stuff around. As a frequent viewer I’m a bit pissed because they’ve changed their classifications and they’ve got awful as fuck voice overs on top of them. Ugh

1 Like

Does anyone know, Is the Cafe on TV3 Pre-Recorded?

The Cafe is pre-recored about a week in advance i think. and its recorded at TVNZ when I went to watch it be filmed.

Some NZ On Air shows coming in 2019, full article at screenscribe;

Golden Boy (8 eps, +HR=E)
Mean Mums (8 eps, +HR=E)
New Zealand Today (8 eps, +HR=E)
I Date Rejects (10 eps, TVNZ OD)
The Basement (10 eps, TVNZ OD)
The Brokenwood Mysteries (6 eps, Prime)

I see tv2 have changed their prg. Don’t like it. Feels like I’m being automatically guided thru Netflix or something lol

1 Like

Yuck. Far too intrustive. The old ones looked waaaaay classier.

2 Likes

The voice over what can I say he’s trying to be funny.
Introducing the tvnz 2 programmes yes I understand tvnz 2 is an entertainment channel but really no need to have very cheesy voice overs.

I think New Zealand now has among the worst looking TV Logos. They are a complete eyesore.
I do however like THREE’s various logos.

That TVNZ 2 PRG is a mess.

1 Like

Yep, they’re so bad I’ve given them all nick-names…

Tumbleweed 1, Tumbleweed 2 and Tumbleweed D
Twitchy (+HR=E)
Porkchop (Prime)

Maori, Choice etc are all fairly unimaginative so haven’t earn’t names, yet!

2 Likes