New Zealand TV

TVNZ likes to put in a lot of effort. I know when Three did it they took a bit of the countdown the fireworks and music and done. That’s all it needed to be.

2 Likes

Why does TVNZ utilise Duke? I thought they would of stepped up there game with Rush now being a competitor?

From what I understand Rush isn’t much of a competitor ratings wise - although Duke isn’t much of a ratings winner either.
It’ll have a load of cricket from next summer which will serve it well.

1 Like

Pretty sure there’s been NYEs when TVNZ haven’t even had that and simply just cut to the countdown and leave after the fireworks have finished.

2 Likes

Or not shown at all!

2 Likes

Beauty and the Geek Australia season 8 premieres on TVNZ2 this Friday (January 13) at 8.30pm, right after The Amazing Race Australia.

1 Like

Surprise, surprise, tvnz files opposition claim against vodafone’s one-nz trademark (RNZ)

I noticed if you turn the Suncorp logo inside-out, you get the same thing - mildly amusing.

2 Likes

One of Joseph Parker’s boxing fights is airing on Three & Threenow on January 22.

1 Like

Good sign of how far Parker has fallen. Three presumably won’t even be able to show ads during it.

3 Likes

So True! The article refers to him always wanting a fight on free to air I bet his manager David Higgins doesn’t think that behind closed doors.

No - guessing his last PPV didn’t sell well!

1 Like

Sunday morning so no ads as per rules but once past midday probably yes. TVNZ started showing ads for it’s bout in Nov after midday I recall.

Yes - although they did manage to get around it (well, they copped a minimal fine which would have been far outweighed by the revenue) for the 2007 World Cup, although I suspect they won’t bother this time.

Nothing in this section applies to any programme broadcast on television, where the signal for that programme—

(a)

originates outside New Zealand; and

(b)

is produced and transmitted simultaneously to both New Zealand audiences and audiences outside New Zealand; and

(c)

is targeted primarily at audiences outside New Zealand.

If they are taking a warts and all feed they might be able to argue it. No idea why it’s still part of the law!

1 Like
3 Likes

I think NBC Universal were pulling the channel off Foxtel and moving selected content to the 7Bravo channel in Australia. Since the NZ channel was essentially the Australian one the plug has been pulled here to. I wonder if the content (if it wasn’t already) will pop up on Bravo over here.

2 Likes

In October last year, NBCUniversal partnered with Australia’s Channel Seven to launch a new channel known as 7Bravo.

7Bravo, which began broadcasting recently, is the home of reality television and true crime and utilising the best of E!, Bravo and Oxygen, which are fully owned by NBCUniversal.

It is available in HD in metropolitan and regional areas through Seven’s O&O stations: ATN Sydney, HSV Melbourne, BTQ Brisbane, SAS Adelaide, TVW Perth, STQ Regional Queensland, AMV Victoria, NEN Northern NSW, CBN Southern NSW and PTV Mildura. SCA Seven and WIN Television stations as well as Seven Regional WA do not carry 7Bravo.

Back here, E! has stopped broadcasting on Sky but Sky Go and Sky On Demand offer a selection of programmes previously seen on E!.

3 Likes

When did E! launch in New Zealand

1 Like

@Bas_Tech April 2002. E! has been broadcasting on Sky in New Zealand for more than 20 years.

2 Likes

@PaddyTePou I was surprised to know that E! in New Zealand had been broadcasting more than the Australian E!.

3 Likes

That’s correct, I think.

1 Like