New Zealand TV

I’m not sure what you mean by owning a brand, but the trademark in NZ for Gusto belongs to Discovery NZ - it’s there on the IPONZ database. TVNZ could have appealed it but they don’t appear to have bothered, so Disco’s change of mind seems more of a Gentleman’s agreement, rather than anything concrete. Disco have also since applied for the NZ trademark to use Eden as well as Zest, which are under consideration now.

Reinstate a failure? Yeah, nah.

1 Like

The Government has announced that the TVNZ-RNZ merger will be revealed next week despite half-year profit plunges.

2 Likes

I Hope that Is going ahead because it will have to cut down the advertising and give to them to the other channels, but National Party broadcasting spokesperson Melissa Lee criticised as being “Government Autocracy” on the merger

How come they can say “piss off” and “bitch” on Shortland St at 7pm but you don’t hear that on Home and Away?

Different countries different guidelines

3 Likes

RT’s been dropped from Sky.

4 Likes

@theGradyConnell The name “Eden”, to me, is a homage to the Auckland suburb - Eden Terrace - in which Three/Discovery New Zealand is currently headquartered.

As TV3, the network had been broadcasting from a converted dairy factory in Eden Terrace since its launch in 1989.

5 Likes

Just delete the channel completely, they can’t ever consider bringing back Russian propeganda.

9 Likes

Noticed this in the EPG - What Now? the long-running children’s TV show on Sunday mornings on TVNZ2 only airing from 8.30am now for 1 hour instead of two, used to start at 8am for 2 hours.

3 Likes

Is that due to costs?

Wonder if it’s down to the red light setting…

1 Like

This year What Now will return to New Zealand screens in a new, hour-long format with a new look, according to NZ On Air.

2 Likes

Actually I looked it up and PG here is much the same :

Yet Home and Away is PG and you never hear anyone using any of those words. They said the other day someone was a "pain in the neck " or “pain in the backside” .

Shortland St quite often you hear piss off , bastard and most of those PG words.

Maybe they’re just too conservative here with storylines. People would be outraged if Alf Stewart called someone a bastard but seems ok for a teenager to tell a parent to p off and she’s a b*tch…in the last episode of Shortland St.

1 Like

Here is a video showcase of what will be airing on Rush and Eden

5 Likes

Some pictures from The Feed’s premiere afternoon.

7 Likes

Today is the last day Kevin Kenrick is the CEO of TVNZ. Former National MP, Simon Power will replace him as the new CEO tomorrow.

3 Likes

Discovery AU/NZ Senior Vice President and General Manager, Glen Kyne, on the TVNZ-RNZ merger:

5 Likes

The Newsreader finally has a NZ broadcaster!

1 Like

How is cunt an MA word?

1 Like