New Zealand TV

Much needed for a business minded CEO.

2 Likes

I wonder why Doctor Who is playing on TVNZ 2 again since it moved to TVNZ 1 last year over bad ratings on 2, they could have scheduled it on TVNZ 1’s Sunday night slot where rating would be higher

1 Like

It’s a pretty niche show. This allows TVNZ2 to burn it off outside of primetime. It was an interesting risk from TVNZ to buy it but it’s never quite paid off. Wonder if they have to take it as part of a rights deal. Mind you, guessing it might do okay in terms of On Demand figures.

2 Likes

I agree with new series on Doctor Who could be an OnDemand Exclusive since it could not work out well on TVNZ 1 and 2, they could have it aired on Duke

Duke seems like the natural fit for it, I think TVNZ are worried no one will know it’s on there… but in saying that, I saw a total of 0 promos on TVNZ’s linear channels for the DW series that just finished; if it wasn’t for the heads-up from Screenscribe, I’ve not have known it was on at all.

2 Likes

TVNZ has a galore of Australian-made programs from this week.

TVNZ2 will air two reality shows back to back from tonight: Celebrity MasterChef Australia at 7pm, immediately followed by Australian Survivor: Brain vs Brawn at various times. Celebrity MasterChef will be shown on Mondays to Thursdays, Australian Survivor on Mondays to Wednesdays. On Thursdays, TVNZ2 will show Farmer Wants a Wife right after Celebrity MasterChef.

Meanwhile, TVNZ1 will broadcast 10-part observational series Inside Central Station from tomorrow (December 28) at 8.10pm. Despite the title, it is about the operation of Sydney’s entire metropolitan train network. It was filmed from December 2020 to March 2021. The first episode is about the closure of train tracks on Sydney Harbour Bridge in the first 10 days of 2021.

2 Likes

British programmes coming to TVNZ 2 are The Void which hosted by Fleur East and Ashley Banjo as contestants battle it out to get into the one podium to another and trying not to fail, Skin A&E which aired in Channel 5 in the UK which is about surgeries and treatments and it reflects how living with such skin conditions has affected the quality of life and - often - mental health of their patients. Undercover Girlfriends is a another Channel 5 commission which is five Women go on a VIP holiday with undercover boyfriends and The Tourist starring Jamie Doran which he is red hot driving along the outback where he is hot by a truck and he woke wit memory loss which don’t know who he is

1 Like

An interesting look into how What Now was produced during Level 4 from The Spinoff

5 Likes

I saw that Sky’s own FTA channel Prime TV will provide free to air Winter Olympic coverage for this year, i doubt it will rate lower that TVNZ’s FTA coverage of Tokyo Summer Olympics this year

4 Likes

It’s dreadful.

How many episodes in total is Shortland St: Retribution? We don’t get it here with SBS Viceland until the 14th of January. Wondering if by then all the episodes will have aired in NZ . It’s on Youtube is that legal?

I assume the show is the same production company that makes Shortland St?

It’s a TVNZ ondemand exclusive show so not airing on fta here. Looks like 5 eps in at the moment - the latest only 11 mins long

Yeah assume so

Edit… SS: Retribution is going to be on TVNZ 2

➢➢ Shortland Street will return with an hour-long season premiere on January 17 (TVNZ 2, 7.00). It will be preceded by a 90-minute compilation of the on-demand Retribution miniseries (TVNZ 2, 9.25 Sunday) that will conclude the same week on TVNZ OnDemand. This year also will make the soap’s 30th anniversary …

1 Like

Yep some of the writers and production staff are the same

1 Like

Sky Sport will broadcast the Kellogg’s Nutri-Grain Ironman and Ironwoman Series live, in a new broadcast deal with Surf Life Saving Australia. The first three rounds will be held at Sydney’s North Bondi Beach this weekend (January 14-16), with the final three rounds to be held at Kurrawa Beach on Gold Coast on February 4-6.

2 Likes

The latest season of Married at First Sight Australia will begin screening on Three from Monday February 7, a week after its premiere in oz.

6 Likes

Under the Vines, which stars Rebecca Gibney and has been available on Acorn for a couple of months, will have its FTA premiere on TVNZ1 this Wednesday (January 19) at 8pm. Co-commissioned by Acorn and TVNZ, the dramedy has already been renewed for a second season.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Looks like Sky is repositioning Prime as a premium drama destination after it appears on Sky’s platforms first ofcourse:

4 Likes

To make way for MAFS, Three is showing double episodes of The Block Australia from Sunday to Wednesday for the next two weeks, with the auction finale scheduled for February 2 or 3.

The season 2 finale of Five Bedrooms will be shown on Prime on Tuesday week (February 1) at 8.30pm. It will be interesting to see if Prime will go straight to season 3 after the Beijing Winter Olympics.

3 Likes