New Zealand TV

That’s another big content deal for TVNZ. When you factor in the previously announced NBCUniversal deal, it puts their On Demand service in a really strong position for the next few years - especially because it probably means Paramount+ won’t be launching in NZ any time soon.

On another note, wonder whether the co-partner for the announced Under the Vines drama with Rebecca Gibney is an Australian network?

3 Likes

The networks including the new one Gusto due next year that stopping Prime getting in hand in programmes next year such as CSI: Vegas and NCIS:Hawaii which ended up fell into TVNZ’s hands

1 Like

The co-partner of Under the Vines is Acorn TV, and it will only stream in Australia on Acorn as I understand.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think we can consider any prospect of Paramount+ launching in NZ down the gurgler.

Will be interesting to see if they end up with the Star Trek rights for TVNZ OD, given the kerfuffle online today around it leaving Netflix.

Three will be banking on the Warner deal coming good as part of a revitalised Discovery+.

3 Likes

TVNZ also nabbed SEAL Team from Prime which also headed for TVNZ OD

Investigative series Under Investigation, hosted by veteran journalist Liz Hayes, premieres on TVNZ1 on Monday, November 29 at 9.30pm.

2 Likes

Interesting to see Grand Designs on the move and getting a new host. Never been a huge fan of Chris Moller on it to be honest - just something didn’t click for me.

The NZ series is nothing but trophy homes, it pales in significance to the UK version so I gave up watching it part-way through series two (I think it was, was a while ago anyway). I doubt the formula will change much on TVNZ.

I don’t agree with you the series are not always trophy homes that some episodes do resemble homes architectures close to the British version but still low budget

It’s aired erratically here in the UK but they did seem to catch up recently with a daytime run but the homes all felt very very similar, unlike the UK and Australia where they’re often quite different from week to week.

Because our smaller population of NZ means that projects of Grand Designs New Zealand would varying with simple or sometimes challenging complex builds whereas British and Aussie series staying the same on extraordinary designs and breathtaking weird homes

1 Like

Is swearing allowed on Australian TV at 7pm ? I was watching Shortland St the other day and towards the end the actor who plays Chris Warner says a sentence with the word “shit”. I’ve heard the word "crap " and "Piss " used eg in regards to telling someone to piss off or crap as a description like someone feeling crap about something.

I’ve never heard anything other than “rack off” on Home and Away, it seems our PG is very G…with short lived lesbian kiss storylines and it has taken 30 years to show a family of a different ethnicity the Paratas. Home and Away seems very average/ordinary with its storylines compared to Shortland St, some storylines happen on Shortland St that never would happen on Home and Away.

Are Australian classifications different to New Zealand for PG.

1 Like

TVNZ updating their profile pics to Christmas starting today across their networks.

8 Likes

Copy of the BBC look.

Oh how interesting that the BBC are using New Zealand’s native Pohutukawa in their imagery…

7 Likes

They look so much better than last years

Where

2021-12-01T20_24_47__3750000___13_00_8540317660

2 Likes

Are the live draws returning under Red or are they still going to be done off air?

1 Like

@LiamP It’s up to the team from Lotto New Zealand as the draws are currently conducted off air under scrutiny from the Audit Office. The live Lotto draws, however, will return as soon as the Covid-19 restrictions are loosened. That’s when!

2 Likes