New Zealand TV

Interesting Shortland Streets latest storyline is about a COVID outbreak.

2 Likes

It’s more interesting that it’s taken them this long to get to one.

2 Likes

I wonder if it is filmed 6 months ago like Home and Away is?

The storyline didn’t last long though given what i saw last night.

Home and Away they seem to ignore it, latest storyline they’re planning a 3 month trip to Japan.

1 Like

Choice TV programming has joined +HR=E now, now. Saw a flashy ad for it last night on the channel formerly known as TV3. choicetv.co.nz now redirects to 3now.

The final week of The Amazing Race Australia is on TVNZ2 this Friday (double episodes) and Saturday (season finale) from 7.30pm.

1 Like

NRL rights remain with Sky until the end of 2027… commitment to make more games FTA.

1 Like

9 Likes

Looks like Sky and Discovery are getting cosy with some sports sharing agreements, have these been available on FTA previously?

2 Likes

Wimbledon used to be LIVE on TVNZ 1 and Prime also showed it LIVE back in the day. Can’t remember it ever being on Three until now. Looks like with Sky retaining the NRL rights we may see some LIVE league games on Three with this partnership.

2 Likes

Surely more proof Prime is for the chopping block at some point…

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m thinking these are the final few months of Prime. The Olympics, Origin, Wimbledon all going to the big two networks. Probably just waiting for the contract with Newshub to expire before closing up.

2 Likes

Yeah, agreed. If Sky can make money by onselling FTA sports rights to Discovery (and TVNZ) it must recognise the battle has been lost.

2 Likes

Because that happen to the American programmes airing on Prime, if that channel closes down??

Neon/Sky Go/Sky 5. Any number of homes for it.

1 Like

Does Sky have any obligation to keep the channel going? Legal or otherwise?

Could it be sold? I realise it’s probably not worth much, if anything to a prospective buyer.

Could Discovery pick it up as a whole owned multi-channel?

I am think it is very unlikely at this stage, because I really don’t know at the moment.

There are no obligations for Sky to keep the channel going, we have a very deregulated television market here. I can only see ViacomCBS being interested in acquiring it if it were put up for sale. Seems like a long shot but they’ve brought channel 5 UK and 10 Australia, they may want a little channel from NZ to join their portfolio.

3 Likes

TV4 said there is Bugger-all assets and it is likely be shut down rather be sold off, but i’m agreeing with you that I was thinking about sale that ViacomCBS could buy Prime and turn this no infrastructure small channel into a bigger bolder channel.

2 Likes

I just had a look at Prime’s schedule and it seems like Sky already have programming agreements with ViacomCBS for their channels.

Whether that would stay exclusive with Sky if a sale was to occur i’m not sure, but interesting nonetheless.

Most of the kids programming is from Nickelodeon and there’s someone daytime stuff like Judge Judy, Wheel of Fortune, Jeapordy and sitcom repeats like Everybody Loves Raymond.

Primetime shows includes NCIS:NO, FBI, SEAL Team, Late Show with Stephen Colbert etc.

1 Like

By looking that this definitely go to ViacomCBS sale, plus they are getting NCIS:Hawaii and FBI: International next year.

1 Like