New Zealand Radio

No jono and ben are
Different to bill and ben jono is the same

1 Like

That’s it. The end of an era for Karyn Hay…

Was just thinking today, did we ever find out who the “high profile radio host charged with drink-driving more than triple the limit” was?

1 Like

Sophie Nathan who hosts The Edge Workday is leaving on Friday to move to Sydney.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtaF81zS_WB/

2 Likes

One of The Edge’s various presenters (including Fin Robertson, Raynor Perreau, Luka Campbell, Jesse Williamson etc) will replace Sophie Nathan, who currently hosts its daytime slot - aka The Edge Full Noise Workday (10am-3pm).

Another potential replacement, in my opinion, will be Sean Hill, who currently hosts The Edge Nights during the week and The Edge Bottomless Brunch on Saturday mornings.

A few years back, The Edge’s ‘workday’ slot was hosted by Guy Mansell and Sam Robertson (formerly known as “Stuntman Sam”) - aka The Edge Workday Action Battle Team.

Yeah Sean Hill is taking over the day show

I highly, highly doubt that Dan Aux, who hosted the daytime slot on George FM until he was made redundant as part of the first wave of redundancies at MW in February will replace her, or Sean if he takes over. However he did tease on his last YouTube premier that he was starting a new radio show:

DanRadio

He’s also posted today on his Instagram story that a big announcement is coming tomorrow and what presumably is from his photoshoot for this new gig. It is entirely possible that he is either returning to MW and George as the daytime show has been without a permanent host since he left around 13 Feb, another station for NZME though none spring to mind, or a digital only or another country like Triple J.

1 Like

I guess stranger things have happened at MW!

1 Like

Sounds like that isn’t happening, although it does sound like Dan might be joining The Edge maybe, if not a NZME station?

He’s very passionate about dance and electronic music and DJing on air so idk if that will fit into the format of The Edge if so? Have to wait until 5pm for this to be fully announced

2 Likes

What if The Edge and George FM merged together to form a single, youth-oriented music network? (Not forgetting Mai - the hottest Hip Hop and RnB!)

Seems like ZM are trying to compete with The Edge who have The Edge Mix with Sean Hill at the same time on Saturdays.

4 Likes

Apparently, ZM is set to have a new show announcement at 5:30pm this afternoon with Bree and Clint, and rumors have it: Dan Aux.

1 Like

I would much rather have them focus their efforts on another weekend breakfast show.

They have made the right choice in my opinion. Dan has a niche, but dedicated following so he’ll bring in an audience that wouldn’t normally tune in to ZM. Big loss for MW as if he has the freedom to play his style of music then a lot of George listeners will follow - especially for this Friday’s show. I don’t seem to recall NZME offering a mix show like The Edge, Mai and obviously George for a while now.

It looks like as of today, Dan Aux’s former daytime show - the George Mahi Mix has finally got it’s permanent hosts since Dan’s abrupt leaving: Dean Campbell 10am-12pm, and Abeiku 12pm-3pm (who still hosts the night time slot 7pm-12am as of now).

Looks like MW couldn’t find someone suitable; or wanted to keep it in house as much as possible since they advertised the 12-3pm slot in April on their careers website.

1 Like

George Nights no longer has a permanent host and instead has a range of different DJ’s.

1 Like

think Dean is (still) the George PD?

Mediaworks is cash strapped (as usual) so probably just trying to save costs.

31 years ago roger Farrelly started at the rock he now notches up another year at the station am picking he has seen a fair few changes over the time
From nick trott to doully and now bryce

Karyn Hay has been the subject of an independent employment investigation following a complaint from a producer about her alleged behaviour.

The original terms of reference for the inquiry focused on three areas: that Hay allegedly spoke negatively about others, including producers, presenters, and management; that she had allegedly behaved aggressively using a tone of voice that conveyed hostility; and that she had allegedly undermined colleagues in the studio environment, including maintaining unrealistic expectations.

2 Likes