New Zealand Radio

Did Mark Dye return?

last day on air for
heather keats on the sound

Interesting listening to The Hits this afternoon - 3PM Pickup confirmed as not returning for 2023 but some interesting comments on-air from Megan around the ā€˜forced marriagesā€™ of radio shows and how ā€˜youā€™d be surprised how many donā€™t actually like each otherā€™ā€¦ Very convincing!

Very interesting, I guess not surprising though, up to the talent to make it work and sound ā€˜genuineā€™. She probably isnā€™t referring to her last team though is she, I believe Fletch and Vaughan wanted her to go with them as part of their move?

Speaking of ā€˜forced marriagesā€™ how long do Brad and Laura have to go before getting the axe? Laura paired with another female would have been a better show and something different. At the moment it is just a generic male/female duo show.

Is Megan back next year then on days?

I think sheā€™s referring to them. She no longer follows either on Instagram or the show.

I actually think Laura and Megan would be a good show.
But Megan is doing 9-3 days in 2023.

1 Like
2 Likes

If Meganā€™s pairing with Fletch and Vaughan was a "forced marriageā€™ they were very convincing at the end of their Edge days and beginning at ZM.

It just seemed to me that the trio started to drift apart as they matured and aged

2 Likes

great choice
matk bunting is a
great announcer and good to hear
him full time

4 Likes

2023 Edge shows

5 Likes

Mark and Leah sounded so good on breakfast this morning.

1 Like

Just noticed that the edge tv has been removed from the website.

1 Like

Oh no! I really enjoy edge tv. I noticed the other night it was just looping the same 15sec of an Ed Sheeran song. Hope it isnā€™t gone for good.

1 Like

Itā€™s sadly been a shell of its former self since it was replaced by ThreeLife+1 (remember ThreeLife?) back in 2019. All the locally music shows they used to have, stuff like SMASH! and The Daily Feed. What a shame.

1 Like

Fans of The Edge are very sad that The Edge TV ceased broadcasting as an online-only streaming channel, as its live stream was removed from The Edgeā€™s website and the rova app. At the same time, Breeze TV closed down.

2 Likes

Well that would explain why my direct link didnā€™t work the other day :disappointed:

1 Like

Is there much local radio during the holidays? Eg A lot of shows finished last week eg More FM Taranaki. But More FM Wairarapa is still local this week? More FM Taupo finished Friday, but now is advertising a Summer Breakfast Weekdays.

Depends on the region I think.
If itā€™s a holiday hotspot, some have continued but by and large itā€™s a network offering

big year on the radio
scene next year guess all the
big guns will be gearing up for all the new
shows ahead

Bunty ā€œcouldnā€™t pass up the incredible opportunity to work with my dear friends Vaughan Hobbs, Craig Boddy, Murray Lindsay, Trudi Nelson and Mark Smith all togetherā€

Vaughan Hobbs & Craig Boddy are part of MW management. Trudi, Today FM newsreader must have a show on Magic next year?