New Zealand Election 2020 - Media coverage

Small preview of Stuff at the top of the article.

1 Like

And here is a montage of 1 News’ coverage of Election Night.

At 16:21, Hilary Barry states that who would of thought that Her and John Campbell would be doing Election Night coverage on TVNZ 10 years ago.

Hilary and John were a dynamic presenting duo last night - it’s why I think TVNZ had the better presenters while Newshub was the better coverage to get analysis from

2 Likes

I enjoyed flicking across both channels last night. Couldn’t really fault either presenting team. Paddy Gower was great with the info.

I think I would have like to have seen a larger panel on TVNZ1. Nikki Kaye made for awful talent last night, surely her recent interviews would have given an early indication of this. Paula Bennett obviously not interested in making a last appearance to fulfill the outgoing MP role.

4 Likes

So True though, who would have ever hought they would be hosting it on TVNZ. Loved John mentioning Julie Christie and Mark Weldon as a dig at them both. Hilarious.

Here is a flashback to the past though with Hilary Barry playing Mini Golf at the Conversative Party headquarters.

6 Likes

Comparison of the 2 openers side by side synced to Polls close

Headphones recommended TVNZ Left Channel, Newshub Right.

2 Likes

“Groundbreaking” graphics? Not really AR is many a year old now. Kinda don’t see the point of doing their AR in the actual house just seems like more of a brag. TVNZ did a virtual parliament years ago and has the exact same a/effect.

1 Like

At one point, it looked like a hole had opened up in the ground, so technically…

6 Likes
2 Likes

Average of 530k (5+) between 7-midnight.

Three coded theirs differently, I think.

3 Likes