New Formats

I think maybe The Antipodes Sisters would sound better than The Sisters Antipodes.

Wonder which network this is attached to.

Could this not just be travel guides?

I donā€™t think so - the descriptions sound different, different production company as Iā€™m fairly sure 9 produce travel guides in house donā€™t they? Also Travel Guides extended casting closed about a week ago.

1 Like

Iā€™d speculate (and hope) that itā€™s a return for Amazing Race Aus.

3 Likes

I know 10 (or any network for that matter) would cop it on here for picking up a show that has already been tried here and didnā€™t work the first time around, but I 100% would watch something like this, irrespective of the network rather than shit like MAFS, MKR etc.

1 Like

10 would probably cop it but I donā€™t think it would be the worst pick up of theirs.

Considering the success Nine has had with the relationship dramas amongst the participants in MAFS, I wonder if thereā€™ll be a bidding war between the networks for the next big relationship reality series currently airing in the UK?

1 Like

The Australian reports today that former foreign minister Julie Bishop is pitching a new show to TV networks called The Conversation with Julie Bishop. The pitch says Bishop will have one-on-one conversation with the likes of Princess Mary of Denmark, Michelle Obama, Oprah Winfrey etc., while walking down the street in some of the worldā€™s exotic locations.

2 Likes

The story points out it would be an expensive show to make so it is unlikely to be picked up as pitched.

1 Like

1 Like

A local version of this could be a good replacement for HYBPA on Monday nights?

1 Like

Another reality show? :weary:

Itā€™s basically a knockoff of their own Last Comic Standing format which also featured unfunny Jeff Foxworthy

Could this work in Australia? Seven and 10 should take a look.

1 Like

Sounds like something that might work. Iā€™ve thought in the past that Clue could be interesting as a variety/game show but I donā€™t know how a network could make it appealing enough to keep interest.

The year-long deal will cover 15 territories including the UK/Ireland, the US, Australia and Germany.

Seven made a Guinness World Records show more than a decade ago, hosted by Grant Denyer.

1 Like

Dance Moms will have an Australian version next year and Nikki Webster is holding auditions.

Foxtel holds the first run rights to the original US version and I reckon it could be showing the Aussie version as well.