Paramount Australia & New Zealand

Why doesn’t Hugo Boss sue them both?

1 Like

Depends on whether they start flogging luxury fashion. :wink:

So Ten are actually going to waste time and money defending this? It’s a multichannel No one knows what 10Boss is. just make up some new crappy name and be done with it.

10 Crappy?

Wouldn’t look good having someone like Fairfax boss a company like CBS around.

10Notamenschannelhonest

2 Likes

The channel goes out on “1”. Here’s a way out idea… :bulb:

3 Likes

10 Ultra? 10 Mega? 10 Xtra?

Ultra is used by a feminine hygiene product so pass on that one. 10 Mega is a better name than 10 Boss although they’d have to make sure they don’t infringe on one of the major free to air channels in Greece.

JYLFWCw6_400x400

10Bro?

10Bruh :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

10Brough…let’s not go there.

10 Likes

10MoveOnPlease.

7 Likes

The difference is the category that they are in. You couldn’t get a trademark on ‘Boss’ that covered every possible usage, but Fairfax have a trademark on Boss in class 38 and 41 - the class that Ten’s “10 Boss” trademarks are in.

The categorisation of usage matters more than whether it’s TV or Print. The case will instead hinge on whether “10 Boss” is unique and non-ambiguous compared to “AFR Boss” or just “Boss”. I think Fairfax have a marginally stronger case here.

4 Likes

They are nothing alike! Its petty crap by a company that’s getting bought out by another company. If 10 has registered the trademark already I don’t see how there are any problems!

1 Like

So do you work for 10? We’re you involved with coming up with the name?

Also are they paying you for every exclamation mark you use??? !!!

They’re both media organisations and they both have products branded as Boss. It’s not that hard to work out why Fairfax is kicking up a stink.

It’s no different to opening a vegan restaurant and naming it McDonald’s. You’d be taken to court, regardless of how different the businesses actually would be. They’re still in the same league.

6 Likes

No I don’t work for 10…I’m just pissed off with the whole pettiness! :wink:

2 Likes

You need to get out more :joy:

1 Like