Network Ten post-CBS

Obvious disclaimer: it’s The Daily Mail.

But it would be nice.

6 Likes

Could you imagine a morning show or primetime panel show/chat show with the likes of Carrie Bickmore, Natalie Barr, Lisa Wilkinson, Sandra Sully and Tracy Grimshore? Would be quite nice.

2 Likes

And expensive.

7 Likes

And ruin Ten News and The Project, to pick up a few more daytime viewers than they currently have.

Having said that, I reckon a Lisa Wilkinson, Ray Martin, plus younger female journo type for TEN This Morning (or GMA) would be right up my alley (if not CBS’s eventual demographic)

#dreamcasting

8 Likes

CBS like older people… Charlie rose on cbs this morning is an example.

Anyway, the Australian reported that some CBS executives were at ten last week meeting with the executive team and have been involved in planning etc. must be some truth to the reports that CBS gave the all clear to sign Lisa.

6 Likes

If true, perhaps Tracy Grimshaw could host an Australian version of Inside Edition

I don’t think that Natalie Barr would be host of a morning show unless it was a format similar to Eleven AM, which ran on Seven from 1982 to 1999.

As for Lisa Wilkinson, she may take over The Project or at least join them a few nights a week with a new current affairs show in mind.

Ultimately, I am not sure what they would do for a breakfast show, perhaps instead they could try Ten Morning News at 7am, and move Studio 10 to 8am, then a new show called Ten This Morning from 11am.

That’s really interesting. Ray - wow!

Ray Martin, Lisa WIlkinson and Natalie Barr for a CBS This Morning-type show. But is the market big enough???

to be fair its based on a Daily Telegraph article.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/ten-has-its-eye-on-rival-stars-in-wake-of-shake-up/news-story/831736cec8ea66286af2d502cf626771

Would Ray Martin want to do a daily breakfast program? I reckon his current freelance jobs probably suit him.

3 Likes

If Ten/CBS want to go big, Jana Wendt is the biggest name there is. She would be the true Diane Sawyer of Australia.

3 Likes

She’s a bit like The Simpsons. Last relevant in the early 2000s.

17 Likes

I don’t think Jana Wendt has had any role on Australian TV since ending her association with the now-defunct Sunday program on the Nine Network…and that happened over 11 years ago!

Spitballing with a new breakfast program for Ten, but what if they placed an early bulletin at 5:30, then a new breakfast program at 6, maintained Studio 10 in its current slot followed immediately by a 30min Morning/Midday News at 12pm.

Would it be a good point of difference for Ten to shift their morning programming 30min out of sync with the schedules of Seven and Nine? Try and discourage viewers from switching between programs that start and finish at the same time (e.g. swap from end of Today to start of The Morning Show?); keep Studio 10 viewers past Seven and Nine’s morning news to watch Ten’s own bulletin.

1 Like

Wasn’t that basically Wake Up?

3 Likes

That’s why I think they need to try something different to the others, a half hour time shift… really??? you need to give them something more, something different - another option could be to drop infomercials from Studio 10 and possibly cut it back to 2 hours and add a some sort of morning show or move Dr Phil to the mornings or add in a morning game shows like CBS currently have screening during the day

People have short memories.

2 Likes

When Ten moved GMA out of the morning slot at end of 1992, they did it to provide some variety at breakfast, stating off with repeats of comedies such as I Dream of Jeannie, then moving to Cheez TV a short time later.

At the time, Seven had Agro’s Cartoon Connection and Nine Had Today with Steve Liebmann and Elizabeth Hayes followed by Tracy Grimshaw a few years later.

So ultimately, whatever they do, they need to make sure its different and appealing enough to attract viewers… maybe it will given Lisa Wilkinson’s departure from Today, but it may not be enough

1 Like

Infomercials are the reason it exists. Get rid of them and there is no show

4 Likes

Eleven AM ran for 18 years without them