Network Ten 2017

Id love to see Thank God Your Here return

Is there some sort of sporting event that starts around 6-6.30 on Saturdays for at least part of the year that might find an audience?

I wonder if Ten can get the rights to Big Brother back for 2017? Ten knew how to run that show better than Nine.

6 Likes

Please no.

Ten needs new, innovative programming at a level not currently seen on Australian TV, not another revival of a format that’s over a decade and a half old.

1 Like

Well… they revived Survivor.

This is off Behind Big Brother’s website. Not sure if true or not

Person said: ↑
Two networks are known to be considering reviving the show locally - Seven and Ten. I can’t speak for Seven and I need to be careful what I say about Ten.

• Beverly McGarvey is very interested bring BB back to Ten as a part of her plan to redefine Ten as the home of event television
  • Internal discussions began back in July
  • Australian Survivor will be back in 2017, BB is not contingent on Survivor’s fate
  • Ten feels there is room in the schedule for one more large-format RTV production (and has flexibility to scale back/reshuffle others to accommodate)
  • Looking at multi-channel options (e.g. ‘event’ episodes on Ten, daily shows on Eleven)
  • Based on analytics for Australian Survivor’s performance on tenplay, are looking at day-in-date release for key intl markets through streaming services (e.g. Netflix) for BB and Survivor in 2017
  • Celebrity Big Brother format would be used to drive audience buy-in ahead of civilian season
  • Dreamworld compound is not in consideration - looking at other studio/backlot options (Fox Studios is favoured due to location and existing facilities)
  • Currently has a small team (including key creatives) quietly working to determine feasibility
  • An early concept is ‘Homecoming’ theme (with direct tie-in to Ten’s planned 2017 ‘Welcome Home’ brand
    campaign)
3 Likes

As I’m sure we all know by now, Dreamworld currently has problems to deal with which are far bigger than another series of Big Brother. But discussion on that is for another time and topic.

I wonder what Nine would think of that one, knowing that “Welcome Home” has been their slogan (albeit, there’s been less of a focus on it in the more recent branding) for several years now…

I have mixed feelings about it also. Part of me thinks no way. Another part of me thinks it is something that could work for the 2-3 months before The Big Bash League. October-End December. I think Ten still will have one hole to fill at the end of next year, perhaps they are still considering it… Agree if they are going to do it they would need to utilise their multichannels - something that works successfully in other countries.

3 Likes

Weren’t Nine’s rights to it for 3 years so this year was the last year they could have it ?

1 Like

I wouldn’t watch it, but it could work again

Firstly, they have enough people to be able to deal with multiple things. They could also use it as an opportunity to reconnect to their market.

Secondly, I’m not sure what the exact status of the Big Brother compound is, but I believe that a lot of the forest around it has been cleared for development, so that is likely the main reason for it not being an option.

1 Like

As of the end May this year, the compound was still there, together with a narrow strip of the forest along the East side about the same width as the compound itself, and also on the South side except narrower. The rest of the forest nearby has been cleared, Yes.

1 Like

2017’s 7.30 schedule for the year as revealed at today’s AGM.

PAUL ANDERSON, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER:

Our complete 7.30pm domestic schedule is now book-ended by the KFC Big Bash League, which starts in mid-December each summer and runs until late January. Big Bash is the most successful summer content we have had, growing audiences by 25% last year, and has become a significant success for both TEN and our partner Cricket Australia.

Our 7.30pm schedule in 2017 will now roll out as follows: starting the year with I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!, then continuing with The Biggest Loser: Transformed, MasterChef Australia, The Bachelor Australia, The Bachelorette Australia and finally Australian Survivor.

We are very proud to have rebuilt our programming schedule, the result of an incredible amount of hard work by your dedicated programming team led by Chief Content Officer, Beverley McGarvey.

Our 7.30pm franchises are complemented by a consistent schedule of proven domestic shows such as Family Feud, Have You Been Paying Attention?, Gogglebox and Shark Tank, many of which generated significant audience growth in their timeslots during 2016.

Every weeknight at 6.30pm we continue with the brand-defining, agenda-setting, multiaward winning The Project, which has been a tentpole of TEN’s schedule since 2009 and continues to go from strength to strength. TEN Eyewitness News First At Five generates strong results in its 5pm timeslot, while our morning show Studio 10 has increased its audience more than 30% this year.

Our local drama content continues to perform strongly. Offspring had approximately one million viewers a week this year and was the number one drama of the year for viewers under 55, while our new drama The Wrong Girl resonated strongly with our core audience of people 25 to 54.

In addition to the KFC Big Bash League, our sport line up includes the Rebel Women’s Big Bash League, Formula One, MotoGP, Rugby and Supercars, including Bathurst 1000, which attracted more than two million viewers this year.

4 Likes

##australia’s First Look at 24: Legacy.

Coming Soon To TEN And WIN Network.

It is time to restart the ticking clock as the thrilling new event series 24: Legacy heads for Australian television screens.

Set in Washington DC, the next evolution to the ground-breaking television series 24 and 24: Live Another Day, 24: Legacy centres on a new heroic character, Sergeant Eric Carter, played by newcomer Corey Hawkins (The Walking Dead) and Intelligence Officer Rebecca Ingram, played by Australia’s own award-winning actress Miranda Otto (Homeland, The Lord of the Rings).

24: Legacy retains the same real-time format that has propelled this genre-defining series. It chronicles an adrenaline-fuelled race against the clock to stop a devastating terrorist attack on United States soil.

Together, in this fast-paced thrill ride, Carter and Ingram will be forced to ask: “Who can we trust?” as they battle a terrorist leader who has declared a fight against Carter, his squad and their families.

Kiefer Sutherland, who portrayed the legendary character Jack Bauer in 24 and 24: Live Another Day returns as an Executive Producer. The series co-stars Teddy Sears (American Horror Story), Andy Shalowitz (Gilmore Girls) and multi Emmy Award-winning actor Jimmy Smitts (Dexter, L.A Law, NYPD Blue, The West Wing) who plays Otto’s on-screen husband, Senator John Donovan.

3 Likes

“Talkin bout your gen” revival could be a good idea :grinning:

Especially with Josh Thomas’ show on the ABC set to get the axe, Amanda Keller looking bored on her Friday night lifestyle show & Shaun Micallef having limited programs on the ABC.

It was a hit!

1 Like

Micallef probably wouldn’t be interested, but I didn’t mind TV Tonight’s idea of a revival with Amanda hosting.

2 Likes

What!! Not Grant Everywhere Denyer for host?

1 Like

I have an idea, it might seem stupid. If that’s the case let’s just all forget it happened. Idea: The $5 Quiz , Friday Night 8:30pm. I always like it when it’s on studio 10, always a laugh thrown. But seriously I could see this working. It would air after The living Room and go for 30 minutes. It could have well known personalities or audience members compete for $5. Of course it would not be taken seriously and will be comedy based. Then Followed by a 9pm Friday night talkshow. Then at 10pm: ten LATE NEWS*

*I don’t see this last bit happening

Thoughts?

Like Have You Been Paying Attention?

1 Like

Yeah exactly

how stupid.