Network 10 2022

That version was shown in Melbourne last night during The Bachelorette finale.

3 Likes

Why do two black bars change the whole look and feel of a show? It’s like movie quality. I doubt that what all the shows will be broadcast like next year but you never know.

1 Like

Daniel Monaghan says there are 6 new projects for Pilot Week later this year.

He also said:

“We haven’t announced any shows for Q4 yet. We have commissioned one show we’re not ready to talk about,” he reveals.

“Last year Celebrity MasterChef did a solid job for us so we need to work out how we fill that footprint… and we’ve already commissioned something between Amazing Race and Hunted .”

I wonder what these will be? Hopefully not another MC spin off, although it sounds like it’s not.

In response to this casting notice yesterday from Endemol Shine:

It appears to be The Traitors, according to TV Blackbox:

Sounds okay, if they go for more of the Social Experiment vibe than reality it could be good.

3 Likes

I like the sounds of this one.

It sounds similar to the Mole.

2 Likes

Survivor, Hunted, Traitors they all sound like they are quite similar to me…. But nice to see them try launch a new format.

UPDATE: the new show will be called The Transformation, to be made by B50 productions.

1 Like

The Traitors confirmed.

1 Like

The Transformation casting promo.

2 Likes

Pilot Week 2022

2 Likes

Oh great more unscripted content. 10 needs a change of management. Fast.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. It seems like they have a very bad allergy towards producing dramas and comedies. But it’s not like their reality shows from pilot week were ever successful or good in quality.

2 Likes

I agree the reality shows they showed were cheap. It was their scripted pilots that I enjoyed the most - Private Eyes was fantastic for a pilot and I thought it had potential. But it was again 10 lacking the capability of taking risks.

10 was always at their best when they took risks. I can’t remember the last time they did that.

4 Likes

C21 reports 10 has bought stand-up comedy special Rhys Darby: Mystic Time Bird from distributor GRB Studios ahead of MipTV. The special debuted on various streaming platforms in November last year.

Part of me feels they don’t want to invest huge sums of money into developing new scripted dramas or comedies and then have the shows bomb in the ratings and essentially have the investment all be for nothing. Thus why they have a much bigger focus on unscripted content be it their reality tentpoles or their endless run of panel shows.

McGarvey speaking about the loss of Neighbours:

So I think, in terms of investment obviously, from a very practical point of view, we have to continue to make Australian content, and we will do so.

“We’ve got lots of drama announcements coming up-

Bit of controversy floating around Twitter on a 2 part Todd Sampson documentary series set to air on 10 / Paramount.

Rebecca Le Tourneau is a producer with Beyond Productions, formerly a producer with 60 Mins and Sunday Night.