Network 10 2022

Exactly. It’s no coincidence that Seven & Nine are the two highest rating FTA networks when they hold the rights to most of the sports Australians like to watch.

Pretty underwhelming upfronts

2 Likes

…aaand we’re done.

Yes nothing in this space. Similar to the other FTA’s. Looks like commercial FTA is dead in Australia and you have to go to SVOD, ABC and SBS for that content.

1 Like

I would have expected more comedy for post 8.30 slots.

1 Like

Full media information:

1 Like

Clearly they’re ashamed at their inability to deliver a comprehensive, relevant news service to the metro markets in which they broadcast. This signals they’ve given up on news, the backbone of any self respecting free to air network, and have no intention of delivering anything but a woefully under resourced token product.

Did Neighbours even get a mention?

3 Likes

I think some of their new formats are great and adds depth to their schedule. However it’s a shame that the depth doesn’t include any new drama or sitcoms which 10 does really well, not to mention not really any mention of the news division apart from The Project.

Good that they included sports along with integration with P+ and their links to VCBS.

Like, not even a mention of Neighbours, the second season of The Secret She Keeps they’ve already commissioned, the second window airing of My Life Is Murder, another season of How To Stay Married… ?

I get the upfronts are generally reserved for advertisers, but they’ve basically ignored (and cut) out an entire division of what makes up FTA.

Very slick presentation overall.

2 Likes

I wonder if we might see Tara Rushton maybe appearing on something like the Project?

1 Like

I’m more impressed with the commissions for Paramount+ than I am for what they’ve announced for 10 but there are some nice commissions in there.

Is BachNation a new show? Separate to Bachelor and Bachelorette?

Aside from the tentpoles we saw this year there is only like what 2 new shows? Hunted and Would I Lie to you… bit underwhelming.

1 Like

BachNation is what they call the franchise as a whole.

3 Likes

Upfronts are not all we’ll see next year, commissions are made right through the year.

They’re just a tease to advertisers, so you’ll now only ever one 2-3 new announcements from each network at upfronts.

Heaps of shows aren’t announced at upfronts:

The Cheap Seats
The Hundred
The Weakest Link
Big Brother VIP

Just to name a few.

Graphics from the final montage

4 Likes

First Dates is new to 10.

1 Like

Ten have announced that The Cheap Seats will be return next year.

Not sure why you’re mentioning The Weakest Link & Big Brother VIP here, as they’re on Nine & Seven respectively.

Old format though, so until further notice I’d only say there are two (three if you count The First Inventors, held over from this year) genuinely new programs coming to the network in 2022.

Everything else is very “same old, same old” IMO. The local programming being commissioned for Paramount+ should get a run on Ten instead of triple Bull on Wednesday nights!

The First Inventors mentioned in the 2022 press release, was supposed to air this year but was pushed back.

1 Like

At the end of the day, regardless of all the other announcements, Bull is coming back. That’s all that really matters.

6 Likes