Network 10 2019

They have freakin’ rocks in their heads to even consider bringing back Game of Games. As far as I’m concerned the new brand, hours old, is already tarnished because the content is sub standard garbage.

11 Likes

Oh for goodness sake.

The room was full of media and media buyers, the network was showing a united front in their programming and belief for shows that are currently on air at the moment and for those clients that have likely invested big money into advertising during these very shows.

Does this mean that they’re 100% certain to be on air next year? Absolutely not, but it’s possible. Apart from this graphic that has surfaced from last night nothing was mentioned in any of the press releases that I saw so it’s likely a decision is still yet to be made on whether they are returning.

Can you imagine if Ten left it out, as something that is still on air at the moment, and all the negative press online and in the papers about it being axed before it’s finised it’s run? It would overshadow all of the positives that came from last night.

One thing I do like about 10 (and yes, sometime it’s to their detriment) is that they’re not as knee jerk as the other networks to pull from schedule underperforming shows without attempting to change things, cast and produce better etc.

We wouldn’t have HYPBA without it, Australian Survivor would’ve likely been cancelled after Ten tried to revive it etc. HWHAP could be the new smash hit of 2019, who knows…

I think we need to relax a little, as I mentioned previously last night was not the be all and end all for 10 moving forward next year.

6 Likes

I guess they are including it

Exactly. All the networks include shows in their graphics which assume they will be back the following year, but a decision on them returning could depend on ratings achieved this year.

The installing of the logo also gives a bit of a look as to how many sat dishes they have on their roof

You can see these from Anzac Bridge. :wink:

Ah right, yeah I don’t live in Sydney so have never seen them sadly :frowning:

1 Like

Lucky I’m not a media buyer. Ten has done a piss poor job of selling themselves if the programming on show, not just GOG, is what is expected to excite buyers.

The house may have been renovated but under the fresh paint, wallpaper and new floor boards there are massive cracks and shaky foundations.

Shouldn’t be too long now until CBS realises they have invested in a money pit and the builders tasked with fixing up the joint are shonky.

4 Likes

Pilot week 2019 goes for three months? Or is that where they plan to air the shows they picked up from 2018?

1 Like

I like the new look 10 as far as using it to promote their (entertainment) programming …but the news side - what a disappointment. Makes me appreciate NZ’s TV news even more.

1 Like

It’s not really accurate. They have I’m A Celeb running Jan & Feb overlapping with Sunday Night Takeaway running Feb to Apr. They can’t both be on air at the same time since Julia and Chris will be in Africa.

They could’ve done something revolutionary for the post 9:30pm slot but they haven’t strategised at all really.

It’s just more of the same content over and over again.

What is the compelling reason for the viewers to come to ten. All their lost viewers recoil in horror at their line up.

6 Likes

Especially the drama queens. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I seriously doubt anyone will “recoil in horror” at a television line-up. :joy:

1 Like

Thanks for that Johnson I was wondering how they were planning their schedule. Still not a 50 week schedule. There will be the obvious holes at the end of the year again.

2 Likes

I’m a Celebrity is currently scheduled to premiere January 13th and run for 4 weeks. It will be over by mid February. So technically Sunday Night Take Away could premiere end of February/early March.

I’d assumed that the Secret She Keeps was a mini-series, but the board seems to indicate a 10 week season. Five bedrooms is 8 weeks?

Thats interesting…so always on with no break over Christmas/New Year …the only thing in January is I’m a Celebrity? starting 2 weeks in…thats a bit of a cop out

7 Likes

If Rove’s going to be making Saturday Night with Ten, what will happen to Whovians on ABC?

Probably nothing

Well I don’t see any 10 challenging 7 or 9 for first place anytime soon.

2 Likes