Netflix

###Three new Kids Original Series from Netflix

Netflix is adding three new original series to its lineup.

Suspenseful drama The Greenhouse expands the live action category for tweens that currently includes Degrassi: Next Class, Lost & Found Music Studios and Project Mc². The iconic Hasbro brand Stretch Armstrong will make its television debut with an all-new look in an animated series. A musical update to the new Lalaloopsy series joins a growing portfolio of shows created to engage and pique the curiosity of young kids. All episodes from each new series will launch on Netflix at the same time around the world.

“With roughly half of our 75 million members regularly watching kids content, we’re happy to expand our original slate with these three great series," said Andy Yeatman, Director of Global Kids Content for Netflix. “We know kids love Netflix and that’s in part because they never really outgrow us. We program and recommend new TV shows and movies from preschool through their teen years and into adulthood.”

Details on each show are below:

THE GREENHOUSE - 2017

The Greenhouse is a live action series set in an elite boarding school in Southern California called “The Greenhouse.” Students are divided into two rival houses that must join forces to conquer challenges when an evil plot is uncovered. Paula Yoo (West Wing, Defiance, Eureka) is adapting with showrunner Giora Chamizer, who wrote and created the original series. Nutz Productions, a subsidiary company of Ananey Communications, will produce the series for Netflix.

STRETCH ARMSTRONG - 2017

From Hasbro Studios comes an animated action/comedy series about overscheduled teenager Jake Armstrong and his two best friends. When the trio are accidentally exposed to an experimental chemical, they become STRETCH ARMSTRONG and the FLEX FIGHTERS, a team of unlikely superheroes who expand beyond the confines of their lives and embark on a series of adventures. The 26 episode series marks the first time Hasbro Studios is creating original programming for Netflix and will be available to members in late 2017.

LALALOOPSY - Fall 2016

This new Netflix animated series featuring all new original music brings to life the popular Lalaloopsy girls. Viewers will follow the incredible misadventures of six friends and their pets through a whimsical world. By celebrating the magic of creativity, these friends can weather anything together. Lalaloopsy encourages viewers to express themselves in a magical, musical and silly way. The all-new 13 episode series will premiere this fall.

House of Cards renewed By Netflix a 5th Season but creator Beau Willimon to leave.

Netflix revives Gilmore Girls

Gilmore Girls fans will get another chance to return to the world of Stars Hollow.

Netflix is bringing back stars Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Scott Patterson and Kelly Bishop for a final season that will be written and directed by series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino, both executive producers. Two other stars, Sean Gunn and Keiko Agena, also are returning.

3 Likes

India’s Sundance Sensation “Brahman Naman” to Premiere Exclusively and Globally on Netflix

The hilarious coming-of-age comedy Brahman Naman, from leading Indian indie director Q, will be available exclusively for Netflix members around the world later this year.

Set in Bangalore in the 1980s, Brahman Naman follows the exploits of Naman, a quick witted, high school quiz champ who leads his hopelessly nerdy friends on a trip to Calcutta to win a major college prize. Young, smart and full of heart, the trio are determined to win the quiz - and to lose their virginity along the way.

Revered internationally as one of India’s most vital and provocative indie filmmakers, Q’s latest cinematic cocktail takes the classic American teen comedy, sharpens it with bawdy British word play, and hurls it in the face of the establishment with a fresh Indian cast. The film premiered last week at the prestigious World Drama Competition at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival.

“Brahman Naman is Indian cinema at its boldest: fast, furious and raucously funny,” said Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer at Netflix. “It’s a movie that will delight adolescents of all ages, and we’re excited to bring this hilarious tale to our members around the world.”

Written by Naman Ramachandran and produced by Steve Barron and Celine Loop, Brahman Naman is Q’s latest film, following Gandu, Tasher Desh and Ludo. Brahman Naman stars Shashank Arora as Naman, Tanmany Dhanania and Chaitanya Varad as his sidekicks, and features Vaiswath Shankar, Sindhu Sreenivasa Murthy and Sid Mallya

Netflix has renewed Orange is the New Black for three more seasons, which will make it seven seasons in total.

2 Likes

It took me a while but I’ve just finished watching the Making A Murderer documentary. Incredible documentary that took so long to come to air. Very intriguing. The legal system baffles me sometimes.

4 Likes

I got everyone in my workplace onto it, now its all anyone talks about. i found myself wanting to punch my laptop so many times, infuriating the things the cops get away with.

Master of None has been renewed for the second season, to air next year.

Milo Ventimiglia, Matt Czuchry, Liza Weil, and Yanic Truesdale Confirmed to Join Netflix’s Gilmore Girls

Series Will Include Four 90-Minute Episodes with the series title and premiere date to be confirmed at a later date.

Netflix announced additional casting for the fan favorite series, Gilmore Girls (WT), created, written and directed by Amy Sherman-Palladino and executive produced, written and directed by Daniel Palladino. Milo Ventimiglia (Gotham), Matt Czuchry (The Good Wife), Liza Weil (How To Get Away With Murder) and Yanic Truesdale (Rumours) are set to return to their original characters in the Gilmore Girls revival on Netflix, which will include four 90-minute episodes.

Previously announced cast returning to the series include Lauren Graham (Parenthood), Alexis Bledel (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants), Scott Patterson (Saw V, Saw IV), Kelly Bishop (The Good Wife), Keiko Agena (Transformers: Dark of the Moon) and Sean Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy).

Amy Sherman-Palladino is the creator and executive producer. Daniel Palladino is also an executive producer. They are both writing and directing the series. Gilmore Girls (WT) is produced by Dorothy Parker Drank Here Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

##netflix Brings New Original Anime Series, Perfect Bones, to Members Worldwide

Anime series from Production I.G and Director Kazuto Nakazawa Coming Only to Netflix

Netflix, today announced, together with Production I.G, a groundbreaking deal that sees the upcoming original Anime series Perfect Bones to premiere only on Netflix. This marks the first ever original Anime title to debut all episodes simultaneously in 190 countries around the world.

Directed by Kazuto Nakazawa, the 12-episode series is set in the future where scientists have tried to create the “perfect human” in hopes of keeping peace in the universe. After nearly achieving their goal through several children, the scientists send their “new humans” for further training where they are kidnapped by an evil organization set on using their powers to implement their own concept of a new world order.

“We are incredibly excited to work with Production I.G, who have worked on hit series such as Attack on Titan and Psycho-Pass, in bringing one of the most daring new Anime titles produced today to all Netflix members and Anime fans around the world,” said Erik Barmack, vice president, international originals. “In an era where the Internet knows no bounds, we are proud to deliver high quality original Anime to fans all over the world, at the exact same time, no matter where they live whether it be Japan, France, Mexico, the US, and beyond.”

Mitsuhisa Ishikawa, President & CEO of Production I.G, said about the collaboration, “Among all the tv series and films Netflix offers, the titles I personally find the most amazing are Netflix originals. Production I.G is eager to present another impactful title brought through our creators’ passion and imagination. We’re very excited about Perfect Bones!”

This marks a milestone in Anime distribution innovation for Netflix - enabling members around the world access to great stories faster.

About Production I.G

About Production I.G, Inc.: established in 1987, Production I.G has since produced a number of acclaimed feature films and TV shows, and has also partnered with Mamoru Oshii on every one of his animated films since Patlabor: The Movie (1989), thereby earning an international admiration which eventually led to the visionary collaboration with Quentin Tarantino for the animation sequence in his hit, Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003). They are most known for the Ghost in the Shell franchise, and for the acclaimed animated TV series Psycho-pass and Attack on Titan.

The final theme song to Fuller House. It’s alright - but of course, I still prefer the original. :grinning:

2 Likes

Fuller House has been renewed for the second season.

1 Like

Is there any show that Netflix doesn’t renew that is one of their originals…

I found that show like junk food… had to keep devouring it.

Great family show… despite some of the reviews.

This review pulls the shows to shreds.

1 Like

I guess Netflix is renewing its originals to keep subscribers happy. Also since all the episodes are released in one go, there is no pressure of daily TV ratings.

2 Likes

All seasons of Full House have been added.

Average download speeds per country on Netflix

Australian ISP average speeds on Netflix for February

What happened in NZ to make it jump?

Netflix literally broke (well, slowed) NZ Internet when it launched. https://truenet.nz/story/2015/06/may-2015-broadband-report

1 Like

Melissa McCarthy has confirmed she will reprise her role as Sookie in Netflix’s upcoming revival of Gilmore Girls (4 x 90 minute telemovies). When the news broke of the revival in January, McCarthy said no one asked her if she wanted to be involved.