Netflix

And today wack a mole from News.ltd Murdoch trash is Netflix. The party in which just signed to be on Foxtel and this is the newsltd gift…

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/technology/streaming-wars-australians-better-get-used-to-paying-a-lot-more/news-story/6cf63dbc069b6fc52dc85640634658a8

Breaking Bad movie

October 11, 2019 (US time)

Netflix has commissioned a new 8-part Australian drama called Clickbait.

2 Likes

Netflix has renewed Grace and Frankie for the seventh and final season. The comedy series, starring Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda, will finish on 94 episodes, the most number of episodes of any Netflix original.

Riverdale returns to The CW on 9th October, so expect it to show up on Netflix locally around then too.

1 Like

Australian Hannah Gadsby won an Emmy for outstanding writing for a variety special for her Netflix special, Nanette. This was in the first of the ‘creative arts’ ceremonies held tonight. Also on Netflix, Queer Eye won 4 creative arts Emmys. Other winners included Leaving Neverland, Carpool Karaoke, The Simpsons and RuPaul’s Drag Race.

2 Likes

Netflix reportedly paid US$500 million for the streaming rights to all 180 episodes of Seinfeld. The deal also means every episode will be streamed in 4K for the very first time.

2 Likes

It will be followed by Triad Princess on December 6 and The Ghost Bride in January 2020.

Netflix CEO Reed Hastings sits down with Kirsty Wark.

1 Like

“Don’t click on the link.”

They have added Season 1, 18-21 and various random episodes in between 3-13 of South Park to Netflix.

So just Season 1 and a few random episodes of 13-21 as the difference to Stan.

I’ve suggested they get Bob’s Burgers or King of The Hill or even Brickleberry.

2 Likes

Has anyone watched The Politician? What are peoples thoughts? I have watched two episodes and just can’t seem to get into it. Does it get better?

The auto-play preview for that show was enough to have me cringing. Is there a way to turn those auto-play previews off.

Unbelievable was a very good watch. I adore Merritt Wever. She was great in this and managed to outshine our own Toni Collette. The subject matter (rape) would usually put me off and I found the scenes with the victim the story is mostly built around difficult to watch but the payoff in the end was worth it. The investigation process was fascinating to watch unfold.

Unbelievable was one of the best dramas I’ve watched this year. I watched that all in 24 hours.

1 Like

I just finished it last night, and thought it was great also.

The season will be released in two parts with first half on October 25, with the remaining episodes from January 31.

1 Like

Now that Bojack is ending , on Prime Video they have Undone the rotoscoped animation show from Raphael Bob-Waksberg the creator and showrunner of Bojack. It’s also got Bob Odenkirk in it, well worth watching.

Also Netflix added Season 4 of Crazy Ex Girlfriend today, isn’t that being played at some ridiculous night time slot on 10Peach? I thought it wouldn’t be added until it had been shown on FTA first as they only are up to E9. Streaming rights different to broadcast I guess, though I can’t think of it off the top of my head, I do remember some shows that had to air on tv first before Netflix got them a year later.

Get Connected: Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter