Neighbours

Returning Tuesday 19 March

2 Likes

Continue to ignore the abysmal ratings and lack of support this drama now has in Australia. Rarely does it make the top 20 program ratings for multichannels, Australians find it irrelevant so the ‘tactics’ that arouse you (which you’ve outlined) clearly aren’t working. If you think characters going to mardi gras are the solution to that problem then think again.

What is your argument? I’m struggling to understand what you’re trying to get at. I never mentioned ratings, nor have I said, this would improve the ratings.

This is all about being topical, relevant, progressive and inclusive. You first went on a rant, (which has rubbed up most of the users in this thread the wrong way) and have come off as a little homophobic and misogynistic.

Neighbours is one of the most progressive commercial shows on Australian TV and it’s a real shame that you feel the need to comment on the shows “agenda” and almost make out that it’s a big publicity stunt. Have you even watched the show? By the below comments it’s a strong no;

Do the characters vote in elections? Go to footy finals or car races? Go to the theatre?

Yes, there have been plenty of stories about voting and running for local councils. Footy finals? Not specifically at the MCG, but footy storylines with characters have been a big part of the shows history. Car races? Yes, again, many storylines featuring races and illegal drag races. The theatre? A very nit pick of a location, but also yes. 2007 saw the teen group of that year hang out at a physical theatre.

Have any of the characters been to climate change rallies?

Yes, 2005 featured Paul poisoning the local wetlands and contaminating the surrounding suburbs causing multiple environmental rallies.

You really need to do some research before you make comments about the shows past. You only come out looking like the fool.

2 Likes

I don’t care how I look, I’d rather be crucified for having an opinion than a lap dog that falls in line with the likes of you.

1 Like

Now now can we just calm down a bit. We all love opinions but let’s have respect for one another, regardless of what you think of their opinions.

3 Likes

Ok, now I’m obviously talking to a child who’s spitting the dummy because someone doesn’t agree with them.

1 Like

I think we should end it there.

4 Likes

Now that tonight’s episode has finished in WA can we discuss about Sonya’s death and Eve Morey’s departure?
Neighbours fans were emotional about tonight’s storyline and some praised the performances by Eve and Ryan Maloney (Toadie). This tweet sums it up best:

There is a three-page interview with Eve and Ryan towards the back of this week’s issue of TV Week magazine (see link on my next post).

3 Likes

It was a brilliant two hander episode and a very sad end for Sonya after 9 years.

4 Likes

Yeah, I am glad that her exit storyline wasn’t a separation, after all the Dee dramas. Tonight’s storyline was a testment to Toadie and Sonya’s relationship. The episodes to follow will also mark as a rembrance for Eve’s time on the show.

Tonight’s ep would have been the perfect trial for the 6pm slot on 10.

5 Likes

Up against the news on Seven and Nine? Ten barely rates at 6pm with Pointless, it wouldn’t make sense to put the biggest ep of 2019 (or the beginning half, should I say) at that time. It wouldn’t work. The ratings would have been poor for sure.

Anyway I don’t watch Neighbours much any more but I did watch it on Tenplay. Beautiful acting by Eve and Ryan. Heartbreaking as well.

Am sure Bauer Media will be delighted to see their full article being posted online.

This morning I found the article had been posted online so I had swapped the scans for this link.

2 Likes

No worries, it’s a criticism of MR TV AUS, who seems to have a pretty cavalier attitude.

Has been creating some buzz on social media in the UK today and this:

1 Like

Poor Sonia already removed from the opening credits. Wow. What a brilliant episode that was tonight, seeing how everyone reacts to the tragic news.
And the end, didn’t see that coming, had completely forgotten that particular storyline hadn’t finished yet.
Bring on tomorrow!

4 Likes

Colette Mann is encouraging UK viewers to vote… she is certainly a lot like her character Sheila.

3 Likes

TV Week will smack her for trying to subvert the voting conditions :wink:

3 Likes

I thought there was some type of block to prevent overseas viewers voting?

Edit…apparently not…

Did they smack Tom Gleeson for getting Grant Denyer the Gold Logie last year? :wink: Or channel 9 with their campaigns for Karl Stefanovic and Hamish Blake. The list is endless really. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

There was never a condition that campaigning isn’t allowed (It’s probably encouraged!) But there is a written condition on the voting form that votes must include a valid Australian address. Colette Mann is urging people to dodgy up an Australian address to vote from the UK?

2 Likes